GO!

HURRICANE CHECK IN and HURRICANE CENTRAL

Are you a fan of Catster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome cat site ever! We think you're pawsome too!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Catster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Thu Aug 25, '11 9:09pm PST 
What I love about Catster is our friends! With Hurricane Irene threatening the Eastern Seaboard our lovely friend Lacey started a thread with this title in the Plus Members section.

I'm sure, not all of our friends are Plus, but we want to know if each and every one of you are ok!

Please check in here as soon as you can if you are in the path of hurricane Irene. Let us know you're safe and okay
(PURRING HARD FOR THAT FOR EVERYONE).

Take care everyone and please don't take any unnecessary chances! go and get your supplies now please!
[notify]

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Thu Aug 25, '11 9:11pm PST 
Cool Dude Tigger posted a list of some things you may want to gather:

We were in FL in 2004 too,& here are some things you might want.

1. Batteries & a battery lantern. Candles are good if you're careful,but they're a fire hazard.

2. Canned food that can be eaten cold if need be. A charcoal or gas grill can be used(OUTSIDE),but if you don't have one,soups & stews can be eaten cold if you have to. We did this for a week during Charley.

3. Gasoline. Fill your vehicle,& if you have a gas powered generator,fill SAFE containers(gas cans,NOT milk jugs or the like).

4. ICE!!! Ice was the Holy Grail during Charley! You probably won't be able to keep it for more than a couple of days,though. I got lucky & caught a convenience store just after they got a shipment in,bought 2 bags & had cold beer that night!

Our water was still on all through the hurricanes,but they say to keep some for an emergency,so it wouldn't hurt.

If anyone else has any ideas, add them in a reply !
[notify]

Ingen

Ingen--lost and- then FOUND!

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 7:11am PST 
I jus' wanna say THANK YOU Nuk fur think 'bout dis. Jen don' unnerstans 'bout FORUMS an we dinnit efun know dat Lacey's was ina Plus Forum. We wanna know EFURKITTY is safe. I been spreadin da word 'bout Lacey's check-in page--Now I gotsta tells efurone 'bout dis one too.
Dis is SKEERY!
[notify]

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 3:34pm PST 
Reproduced from the Bethlehem Firefighters page:
"Hurricane Irene is predicted to be a very dangerous storm with high winds and flooding rain. It is expected to be here Saturday night into Sunday. Please take precautions, prepare, and do not go out if you do not have to."
[If you encounter standing water, do NOT attempt to drive through it. There is no where you have to be so badly!]
[notify]

MILO BLUE- EYES DB# 73A

Bluest Eyes In- TEXAS

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 6:08pm PST 
Nuk, Ingen! We purrin' fur all those folks 'n furs in da line o' dat terrible storm comin' 'n is there in some towns NOW! Listen to Nuk, him smart 'n he know's what him talkin' 'bout! Be safe, not sorry! We might be inland, but we know Catster Mommy's ''n Dad's r smart 'n wise! Keep them furs safe! We rely on U to take goodest care of us! Purrin' fur all 'n hope U be's well~!! hugbig hug
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 7:15pm PST 
Nuk, thanks for getting this one started!! We'll be looking for our furriends all weekend!! Luv, Tinkkitty
[notify]

MILO BLUE- EYES DB# 73A

Bluest Eyes In- TEXAS

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 8:05am PST 
hug Nuk, all, we r also cross postin' dis to our groups to let 'em know, fur non Catster Members. cloud 9 Please be safe 'n sendin' massive purrs to u all in dis stressfur 'n tragic time!hughughug BIG PURRS PURRS PURRS!!
[notify]

Penny

Cat about town.

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 9:04am PST 
sending prayers and purrs from the mid-west.hug
[notify]

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 12:25pm PST 
Thanks Milo !
[notify]

Cruiser

Top 25 Winner- Region 1- 2011-2012

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 3:57pm PST 
There is a cat show in Oaks PA, which is kinda near Philadelphia. I already decided yesterday, I was not taking him, not going to take the chance, I would be like 6 hrs from home. Others in my area have decided not to go either. So very glad, I did not go.

This was posted on the CFA board about an hour ago:

According to AccuWaather; Storm Tracker, the winds in the Philadelphia area
and suburbs should have sustained winds of 48 mph with gusts 60 - 70 mph
with heavy rain. This should be the case around 7 AM. Doesn't sound like a
safe travel situation. And they ARE

requesting that people stay off the roads.

We live about an hour SW of Oaks and it has been raining here since about 11
AM with some heavy periods. Not much wind yet.

Gini Noblit

Kimbelot Kattery Somalis since 1987
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3