GO!

We Need A Kitty That Can Make A Blog or Website, Its Extremly Important

Are you a fan of Catster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome cat site ever! We think you're pawsome too!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Catster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sat Oct 16, '10 7:07pm PST 
Toulouse and I want to create a blog or website, whatever its called, for Athena, where we can put up pictures, well wishes, messages of support, or whatever you want to say, for her mommy.

We have not a clue how to do this. thinking

Can some knowledgeable kitty help us with this? We want this to be a surprise for her, please pawmail Bump, if you can help. I put this in this section, as it gets the most traffic, and I really cannot imagine someone having a prob with this. Thanks! way to go
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sat Oct 16, '10 7:39pm PST 
Bump big grin
[notify]

Tissue

Purred: Sat Oct 16, '10 8:07pm PST 
Hi Bumpurr

Mommy says you can use blogger.com. Its free and you can click on create a blog and it'll guide you step by step on creating a blog. You have to have a google account but if you don't you can make one for free too. With this service you can choose from on of their preset templates or customize your own. Mommy also knows they're are other blogging websites to use but she's most familiar with blogger.com.

If you want to make a website, there's webs.com mommy hasn't used it herself but she's checked it out before and it looks pretty easy. You sign up, pick a template (that you can customize later), and you're on your way. No computer science knowledge needed!

For some strange reason catster won't let mommy message, it keeps on telling her to make a cat profile even though she already has made them for us. But mommy says if you have any questions she'll be glad to answer them on this thread.
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Sun Oct 17, '10 4:23am PST 
Bump it all depends on what type of thing you want, and how you want to moderate it, who you want to have access to add/post content, ect.

One option- create a Facebook Group, then people can add pictures and post on the discussion, and can be invited/granted those privlages that way.

Another option, create a blogger like was suggested, either on that site, or another.

Another option, create a site from scratch or from a template. This would require registering a domain ($15/year) finding hosting (depends on where you go).

So I guess it all depends on how complicated you want to make things, if you want a free site, hosted site, everyone to have access, ect ect.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sun Oct 17, '10 7:35am PST 
OK, I created one, well, I guess you could call it the frame, but I have no idea, how to add pictures, put them where I want them, or add a song, or do anything. Yes there are instructions, but they might as well be written in Greek. Toulouse and I wanted this to be a surprise for Athena's mommy, well, I guess the blog no longer is, since I have to ask for help, but the blog itself will be.

Can some nice kitty, PLEASE, help me build this blog for Athena. shrug
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Sun Oct 17, '10 12:24pm PST 
Pm me the link I will help you add pics and music. I have done this before.
[notify]

Pepper

Queen of the- Cheetahs and- Wiggy's Wife!

Purred: Sun Oct 17, '10 2:11pm PST 
Holler if you need any help.
[notify]

Toulouse

Athena stole my- heart and has my- love!

Purred: Sun Oct 17, '10 3:00pm PST 
Bumper, mom has a google account, but she forgets her username and password. I can try following these instructions tonight and see what I come up with...thinking

Keep searching for an expert though to bail me out if I get stuck. We'll get this made, I promise!way to go
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sun Oct 17, '10 4:23pm PST 
I sent the link to Shadow, hopefully, he can finish building it for us, I told him what I wanted, and that he can create anything else he wants. When he finishing building it, I will write the story, I know what I want to say.

Very depressed tonight, first Athena, then Dallas loses to Minnesota, same story, too many penalties and mistakes, now they are 1-4, well this weekend sure sucked. cry

Well, at least if Shadow can finish building the blog, will make me feel better, doing this for Athena's mommy has given me great pleasure, can't wait to put the story up, I hope you kitties will like it. Have to give credit to Toulouse, he thought of doing this, and I at least got the frame up, and with Shadow's help, we will get it finished.

Best of all, tomorrow is Bump's birthday! He will be 4 yrs old, not bad for a kitten that was not supposed to live past 1 yr old, look for his post in the Kitten section, I feel its fitting to put it in there, as he was 10 months old, when it happened.
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Mon Oct 18, '10 11:00am PST 
Hey Bump Shadow is a she, and so am I mol!!!
Getting right on that just PM'd you smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2