GO!

Are ya ready for some FOOTBALL!!!

Are you a fan of Catster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome cat site ever! We think you're pawsome too!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Catster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Fri Aug 6, '10 3:03pm PST 
Seems like just yesterday, The New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl.
Congratulations to the Saints and their fans!

applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause

Now we are about to start a new season, with most training camps in full swing. First preseason game, Dallas vs Cincinnati, Sun night, 8pm eastern, NBC. TO has signed with Cinn, I do apologize in advance, for the trouble TO will cause, Buffalo is so glad to get rid of him, will these teams, never learn, from the prev teams??? shrug

Cowboy is running a football pool this year, all are welcome to participate, even our Catster friends at Catster HQ. wavewave

You recieve 1 point for each game you get right, ties canc each other out. The standings will be posted on Tues, after the Mon night game. The standings will be a running total, just as division wins.

Picks must be rec'd by noon on Sunday, so that gives me a chance to get them copied down, before the 1;00 game. Kitties can play as many times as they want, but please label them Kitty 1, Kitty 2 and so on, so they get their correct points.

Be aware, some games are played on Thurs, so you need to get your picks in, one hour before kickoff on Thurs night.

Everybody have fun and best of luck to all our teams, in the coming season, and.....

let the "trash talk" begin. way to goway to goway to goway to goway to goway to goway to go

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Cheyanne

♥ Simbas Lucky- Wife! ♥

Purred: Fri Aug 6, '10 4:20pm PST 
Hate to say it, bud, but the Bengals are taking the Cowboys DOWN! wink

It is unfortunate about TO though.... I hope they can straighten him out.

Thanks for doing the pool this year though! I was going to message you and ask you about it. I feel bad for getting so busy towards the end of last season, and disappearing on you guys. Darn those Humans and their lives interfering! confused
[notify]

Zoe

No, you cannot- look at the- number.

Purred: Fri Aug 6, '10 6:40pm PST 
I know, right? Busy humans.... *snort*

Well, the Steelers season should be.....uh.....interesting. I may need my paper bag back.

Edited by author Fri Aug 6, '10 6:55pm PST

[notify]

Cowboy

Purred: Sat Aug 7, '10 5:43am PST 
Hey Cheyanne! wave ya, stuff happens, mol, what are you going to do. big grin

Cowboy will take care of things. As far as Cincinnati, their theory of Ocho on one side and TO on the other side, is great on paper, mol, but they forgot the human factor, one of which, both are prima donna's. Daniel Snyder, owner of the Washington Redskins, been there and did that, it did not work. shock

Just amazing, no teams have learned, from all the trouble he caused in Dallas, they still sign him. thinking

He plays great for a few games, then he "gets hurt" minor injury, takes him "forever" to recover, usually longer, than a guy with a real serious injury, then he comes back, but plays worse than a 2nd stringer, just never the same player, the team just spent like a zillion dollors on. eek

He did it in Dallas, he did it in Buffalo, he will do the same thing in Cincinnati, watch and see. wink

As far as Pittsburgh, Rothlensberger been a baddy boy this off season. red face Goodell gettin real tough on this baddy behavior stuff. But no need to wear a bag, he is a good player, who just made a error in judgement, heck, we all have, and the suspension is prob only going to be 4 games.

Dallas has their issues too. The Pez guy, as I call him, Dez Bryant, my brand new reciever from Oklahoma, is already hurt, going to be out 5-6 games, sigh..... and Miles Austin, my great reciever is mixed with that Kardashian mess, idiots, all of them, some of them beyond stupid. Geeez, this could be a bigger mess than Romo and Jessica Simpson. frown

McNabb went to the Redskins, geeeeeezzzz, he is still in my division, can't get rid of him. But at DC, he has no line to protect him, he gonna be scrambling alot, and pretty much nothing to throw too. Won't take the defenses long, to figure out, to just "stay home" and wait, for whatever might be coming thru the line.
And Haynesworth??? Geez, all that money they spent on him, Cruiser could of told them, once he got the money, he would "get hurt". way to goway to goway to goway to goway to go

Not going to worry about a preseason game, mol, Dallas does not usually win those, unless its for the battle of Texas, they are too busy looking at guys, the rookies, and giving them playing time. Might see our starters for a few downs, if at all. So, ya, Cincinnati prob going to win this one, mol, only it don't count, mol, mol, mol. big laughbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

Dallas plays New Orleans on TG day, gonna have to get another zealie bet for that one, mol. We beat them in the Super Dome, we was very well treated, now the Saints gotta come marchin on down to Dallas, and play in Cowboys Stadium, where punters practice, trying to hit our "scoreboard". big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Going to be a great season!!

happy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance

cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]

Toulouse

Athena stole my- heart and has my- love!

Purred: Sat Aug 7, '10 11:00am PST 
Oh my goodness! Football has finally arrived!cheercheer

I'm not sure if we have met Cowboy! Or, my memory sadly fails me which happens all the time anymore! I hope you will include me in on the football pool! Mom and I live for football season!

Hi Chey and Zoey!wavewave

Well, like Zoe, I am a Steeler fan all the way! However, mom is not too happy with Big Ben! She calls him an idiot! Ya hoo!!!!

As for Sunday's game, you may put me down now for Cincinatti! Did I same that?shock *T looks at Chey and winks*

Mom promised me that she will let me be more active and involved this year, so I really look forward to this year's season! I guess it is time to get my Steeler blanket out!shock
[notify]

Cowboy

Purred: Sat Aug 7, '10 12:33pm PST 
Welcome Toulouse!!! wavewavewavewavewavewavewavewave

You are more than welcome to play, we would love to have you! All kitties are welcome to play. big grin
Your name is very familiar, but don't remember from where, you prob know my big brother Bumpurr. wave

Not going to do the preseason games, just starting to get everyone geared up for the coming season, which I believe starts Sept 9. Going to get very creative for this season, going to make it alot of fun for everyone, and as for the playoffs, kitties are going to have to qualify, to play in the playoffs, just like the teams. Haven't figured it out yet, maybe do the top 10, or depending on how many kitties play, and where they are from, what state, might stick every kitty in a division, and they have to win their division, and a wild card, just like the teams. thinking

Kitties that are planning on playing, please just do a post and tell me what state you are from. If we have an overload on one division, might have to split it east/west/central, or just east/west, we will see what we end up with, not going to split it NFC/AFC don't think we have enough kitties for that. Remember, all kitties are welcome to play, and doggies are welcome to play too, if they can send me a paw mail, is that even possible? This is going to be a fun season! applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause

cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer

partypartypartypartypartyparty partypartypartypartyparty

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]

Toulouse

Athena stole my- heart and has my- love!

Purred: Sat Aug 7, '10 2:02pm PST 
*T extends a paw of greeting to Cowboy*

Hey Cowbody, I am so sorry to say I have not had the privilege of meeting your big brother but I look forward to getting to know both of you!

Well, I am from PA - born and raised in the Pittsburgh area! Your ideas sound fantastic! Will certainly keep me on my toes, that's for sure! *giggles* If I can be of any help, let me know. I have not been on Catster for some time now due to medical reasons, but the world stops in our house when there is a football game!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It is gorgeous here in PA!cheerapplause
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love

Purred: Sat Aug 7, '10 8:07pm PST 
Hi, Toulouse ... cloud 9
Hi, everycat! wave

One teeny, tiny clarification, Cowboy? Picks must be rec'd by noon on Sunday ??? Who's "noon"? Your noon? Catster time noon?

I'm in!!!
Athena from Illinois

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Sat Aug 7, '10 8:08pm PST 
I'm in!!!
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
Love ya!
Apollo from Illinois

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Sat Aug 7, '10 8:13pm PST 
You can count me in!!
cheerhamster dancecheerhamster dancecheerhamster dancecheerhamster dancecheerhamster dancecheer
Purrs and Peace (HA,HA!!)
Aragorn from Illinois

Cowboy, The A Team (Athena, Apollo and Aragorn) have always sent in separate picks but if that doesn't work for you we can email you just one.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4