GO!

Sharing videos

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Romeo

Weekly Whiskers- trick cat- extraordinaire

Purred: Fri Jul 27, '12 12:22am PST 
Thank you Beepers for being so graciously helpful. Navigating this site is challenging to a newcomer, but hopefully through time it'll get easier. We look forward to staying in touch with you!
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Fri Jul 27, '12 10:52am PST 
You're welcome, Romeo! It must be very challenging being a newcomer here! We've been here for a while.

My mom "liked" your Facebook page and also "liked" your video on YouTube (the same one you put on your Catster page). I'll have her go back and watch your other YouTube videos, too. My mom just uploaded her first ever YouTube video, a short, silly one of Ashlynne.

You can also upload videos on your Catster page (different than embedding the Youtube Video). The videos will show on the left-hand side of your page, below your main photo. You can upload as many videos as you want, but a maximum of 3 will show on your Catster page at one time. You can control which 3 show.

To upload a video to Catster, make sure you're logged into Catster and then go to your own Catster page. In the top part of your personal page (the beige part), find this:
UPDATE YOUR PAGE
-- select task --

Click on the little arrows beside "select task", then go down to "add a video" and click on it. Upload your video! It may take a few minutes to upload and then you have to wait until it's encoded, which can take several more minutes, before the actual video shows on your page.

(You can look at my Catster page or Ashlynne's page -- click on our photo here in the Forums to get there -- to see how the videos look on your page when you upload them through Catster.)

Just ask if you have questions!
[notify]

Romeo

Purred: Sat Jul 28, '12 2:08am PST 
Beepers, You're the best bud a cat could meet here in Catster!

Please tell your mom, Ms. C we're pawsitively honoured to have her "like" Weekly Whiskers and that she enjoyed our holiday hoopin' video too.

I just hope she won't be gob-smacked shocked finding a hoard of coonie (aka raccoon) videos on OUR YouTube channel - there are more of their vids versus ours. We've demanded that she add a few more of our own videos or we'll begin a protest. Anyhoo... the coonies are our window buddies that we watch over; I think they feel safer having us kittehs look out for them. Cool cats they are.
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '12 6:45am PST 
We've been watching some of those coonie videos! laugh out loud
[notify]

Romeo

Purred: Sun Aug 5, '12 1:51am PST 
The coonies are addicting, aren't they Beepers!
[notify]

Romeo

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '12 11:42pm PST 
Is there a way to post videos inline with diary posts? I've tried to have mom post various ways to see if a video would show in my latest diary entry and all mom can do is post a text link of my skateboard video which isn't an active URL; we're coonfused!

Update: I think we figured it out thanks to Ashlynne's tip... I think.

Thanks,
~Romeo

This is a test:
Skateboarding Cat Romeo

Edited by author Tue Aug 7, '12 11:45pm PST

[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2