GO!

New here!

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Mulan

The Princess

Purred: Wed May 2, '12 6:38pm PST 
Hi Tigger,

I do feel like the folks here really care about their pets...it's not just 'lip service'. I had to put down my 12 year old siamese mix a while back. Her name is Paladar. We buried her out at the barn in the back pasture. I decided she'd be happier out there in the open space around the horses. When I go riding I stop and visit her grave and we have a 'brief conversation' then I continue my ride. That may sound silly to some, but animal lovers know it isn't.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu May 3, '12 3:56pm PST 
It is not silly at all! It sounds like she has a nice spot & is watching over you from the rainbow bridge. They will always be a part of us no matter when they must leave. My kitties are my babies, and my family knows it (even my kids that are grown up now) !
[notify]

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Thu May 3, '12 10:09pm PST 
Hello, to all you new cats! wave
Mulan, I was born in a barn, too. Mom came to look at and possibly buy a horse, and came home with me! laugh out loud A good deal, I think. wink

Yes, Catster is a very safe place to hang out and prowl around. To answer a couple of questions: the paws icons -- Catster used to have a setup where you could stroll through the members' pages and vote -- from one paw (being the lowest) to five paws (highest). Each cat's page would show only the basics, bio, story, so you would vote on that and not any glitz (background, glitter graphics, music, etc.) To keept it honest, it was a random stroll so you couldn't pick your friend and vote a bunch of times for him. It was an old program so as Catster kept upgrading the "Give Paws" wasn't compatible and was shut down. You will notice that the cats that have paws icons have been on Catster for awhile; although on your birthday Catster sends you a Happy Birthday email and the paws magically appear on your page. shrug

Duke, when you see a cat you would like to invite to your group, go to the cat's page and get his/her ID number (in the http), go to your Group and scroll down to Group Administration. Under Group Admin. you have a list of choices, one of which is "invite a new member". Click on that. A pop up appears: is this a Catster member? Click "yes" and a little box will appear that you type in your invitee's ID number and an email is sent.

By the way, if any of you are on Catster on Friday evenings, stop by The Late Late Show in the What I Love About Catster forum. A few of us cats hang out there -- sort of a live chat room -- so if you have any questions, we can answer them. Here's the link:

What I Love About Catster

We're usually around from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Catster time (Pacific time). That's 8 p.m. to midnight, Central Time.
cat on moon

Mulan

The Princess

Purred: Fri May 4, '12 8:35am PST 
Thank you for the info Aragorn. My human usually goes to the barn to ride after work, but maybe she'll be home in time to check out your chat room.

My humans already had horses, so if they hadn't, I probably would still be a barn cat. That was cool too cause my first human spade and neutered all of my brothers and sisters who live on the ranch, and my mama got good care. She still lives there, by the way, but she can't have anymore kitties.

Once my humans went to the CA Horse Expo to [maybe] buy a new horse trailer and came home with my step sister Blue (she's an Austrailian Shepherd)...humans are funny creatures.
[notify]

Zoey

Mom says I am- her special- Girl!!

Purred: Sun May 6, '12 10:38am PST 
hi Angus
Welcome to catster!!welcomewelcome

Edited by author Sun May 6, '12 10:39am PST

[notify]

Albert

I am- Albertosaurus- hear me roar- *miaow*

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '12 3:04am PST 
What fantastic names!! Love them.

hi5
[notify]

Batfink

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '12 1:39pm PST 
Welcome!! we are in Scotland too in Fife, so...hello from across the bridge! We can enjoy the scottish weather together! Purrs from Batfink, Rogue and Gizmo xx
[notify]

Alexander,- Dreamboat- #110

I am really a- lap dog in- disguise.

Purred: Mon Aug 13, '12 4:45am PST 
welcomepartyparty Welcome to Angus and Cleveland.....We are glad to see you....Any questions about anything, post them....Add information to your diary and pictures....or just have fun on pages.
We love new cats and kittens...- cats- Juliette and Alex.....guardian angels- Natasha and Ben
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '12 3:09pm PST 
Hello from Spring Hill Florida !
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2