GO!

Is there a halt to admin privileges?

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

♥- Cheyenne- ♥

With an Angel at- my side

Purred: Sun Aug 1, '10 9:50am PST 
As an admin we have certain abilities to control our group, one is the ability to remove a post in the message area, this now seems to not be our right and one has to wonder how long it will take HQ to act upon a removal of a post that will not be allowed or we feel should be removed....
The feature button to "delete" is still there,but you cannot do it, you will get a message stating this, and it does not matter if your an admin or even the creator of the group....you cannot do it! The message you will get is "There Was a Problem-Now that's weird.
We cannot delete this message. For security's sake we need to halt this request and log it so as to ensure no one deletes a mail that they shouldn't. So we're sorry you saw this error, just use your browser's back button and everything will return to normal."

Another not so great item is censorship of words,while censorship to ensure the post are clean or suitable for a child of 7 is a great notion....perhaps refining your program is in order....the censorship is picking on everyday common and g-rated words....don't believe me,try to spell "wrist watch" properly,it is one word- and we cannot use it,we are told it needs to be g-rated..shockthinking
Another occured when we tried to give a description of a sally light footed crab living on the Galapagos Island, a living,breathing creature,a crab! What is next-what word will you find not worthy to use?shrug

Edited by author Sun Aug 1, '10 9:53am PST

[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love

Purred: Sun Aug 1, '10 4:49pm PST 
Although I don't think anything can be done about the censorship of certain words since that's part of a program, did you contact HQ about the problem you are having removing a post?

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Sun Aug 1, '10 5:24pm PST 
You can contact HQ about technical problems with the site at:
http://www.catster.com/support/
Under "Subject," select "A site feature is not working for me."
way to go