GO!

Internet Explorer 8 problems

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Wed Jun 23, '10 9:36pm PST 
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but it was driving me nuts!

When I used Internet Explorer 8, my friends' activity listing was really hard to read. Instead of the pictures of the cats being on the side, they were on top, which made it look like it went with the wrong entries. And I couldn't read the names on my friends' listing on the homepage.

If you are having these problems, go to "Tools" on the menu bar, then see if "Compatibility View" is checked. If it is, uncheck it. This fixed everything for me.

Hope that helps!
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jul 9, '10 1:36pm PST 
My browser is also Explorer v8, and I don't have so many viewing problems, but printing and a lot of scrolling and freeze up problems. I tried the Tools> Compatibility View (which was off), I turned it on (since it was not checked) (it took some time for check mark to appear. It didn't help, so I turned it back off. There was a setting under that that said "Compatability Settings" with a choice for adding Catster to it. I tried that. We'll see if it helps my slow, freezing, unable to upload, and printing issues. My problem was that no matter what pictures I tried to upload (got it down to a 14kb.jpeg) for my profile it just wouldn't accept it, and I spent a lot of time making the profile and don't care to try to recreate all those typed words! I also have problems printing in that the catster graphics around the sides of the page come out on top of the print so it can't be read when I print advice I'd like to save as a reference. Viewing online is ok, just slow and hangs-up a lot and has to be restarted to unlock. Thus, I am not spending much time on this site. It's too hard to work with. The Forum for newbiews also did not help acquaint me to how to use the site and what the various things are you could do. So, although I'm logged in, I see I have a guest ID! Frustrating.
[notify]