GO!

Newer Breeds?

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Kanaan

First one to the- new toy gets it!

Purred: Fri May 14, '10 2:46pm PST 
Hi! I am sooooo new to catster and am not sure where to look for my answer to this question...

I am trying to add cat profiles for my entire cat family but my last 2 kittens are of breeds that aren't listed. The poor little things are soooo jealous that their brothers/sisters have their own pages already and I can't set theirs up yet.

What do I need to do to get a newer breed recognized so I can add my kittens profiles?
[notify]

Oscar

the grouch

Purred: Tue May 18, '10 8:40pm PST 
I'm new to catster as well so I don't have an answer for you but I am curious as to what breeds your kitties are?
[notify]

Kanaan

First one to the- new toy gets it!

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 9:43am PST 
My new sister is a Mohave Bob (bob tail, curly hair, curled ears, lots of extra toes) and her hubby is a Desert Lynx (long white hair, bob tail, thumbs). The other 2 related breeds are the Highland Lynx and the Alpine Lynx. All 4 breeds have shorter front legs giving them a peculiar running gait and stance.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Jun 13, '10 2:25pm PST 
New breeds are popping up all the time, and I suspect that Catster can't keep up with them all unless you bring this problem to their attention. Contact HQ--I'm sure they'll give you the response you want.
[notify]

Katrina (and- her kittens)

Blue eyes that- can melt you!

Purred: Tue Jun 15, '10 9:08pm PST 
I found the Thai breed, registered and shown through TICA, isn't listed. This is what to do...

You need to send info as to what association is registering the breed and the breed must be listed on that association's website. Catster uses that information to tell about the breed.

I heard back from Catster support and they will add Thais soon. Of course I have no idea how long soon is! laugh out loud
[notify]