GO!

Need an HQ tekkie to help please

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Oly

Calgon take me- away...

Purred: Sun Sep 13, '09 5:04am PST 
Since this big change with the top nav bar that HQ did a week or so back NONE of our falling object scripts will work correctly on Catster or Dogster.

Somefur from HQ suggested I post in here in hopes that one of the HQ tekkies see it & might be able to look at some coding to tell us what happened.

He said he didn't know anything about html & that the tekkies would.

I have had a lot of catsters & dogster asking what happened to the falling object java script that Neferkitty, Tigress & myself make for furs to use.

On IE the objects only fall to just below the to nav bar. On Fire Fox it seems to be frozen in the middle top of the screen. Sometimes in front of the ad other times behind the add.

You can look at my brofur Noah's page to see an example. He should have falling slices of pumpkin pie. mol

We do have somefur at Pawsome Pages who are trying to help but they are busy, as to be expected with such a big change & with very little to no notice to the members whatsoever. But that's another story.

So please any tekkies that might be able to look at the page's html & tell us what is making the falling object script not work properly & any ideas of how to fix it would be so greatly appreciated!
[notify]

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Tue Sep 15, '09 7:21pm PST 
I have to admit I'm having trouble toofrown I can't even look at cats pages with out it kicking me out. I maybe that's why Catsters quiet thinking It's too hard to play
[notify]

Oly

Calgon take me- away...

Purred: Thu Sep 17, '09 7:35am PST 
Mr. D what browser are you using?

We used to use IE & when the roll over ads were added it made everything freeze on us & sometimes boot us off as well.

We finally switched over to Fire Fox & have had no problems at all. Mom was really hesitant to switch since she was a die hard IE fan, but Fire Fox works pretty much the same & she really likes it now. laugh out loud

You might try switching & see if it helps any.
[notify]

Angel Rocky- (9/91 - 4/08)

Silly Boy

Purred: Sat Sep 19, '09 3:16pm PST 
bumping to top wink
[notify]

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Fri Sep 25, '09 2:54am PST 
Thanks Oly
[notify]

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Sat Sep 26, '09 7:58am PST 
Oly,
With Google's Chrome, I see falling objects as if nothing changed. It does however cause that kitties page to load super slowly, but then I see their objects falling as usual.
[notify]