GO!

Long timer lurker, finally signed up!!

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Misty- (Forever In- Our Hearts)

Queen Of The- Universe

Purred: Thu Sep 10, '09 1:32pm PST 
Heya!

My name's Sophie and my beautiful cat is called Misty. We've lurked at Catster for years but have never signed up! I don't know why, it was very silly of us. Anyway, we're here now!

Misty is a gorgeous Tortie. We adopted her from the SPCA aged 2 or 3 after she had been abused by her previous owners. She was very frightened and even scared of her own shadow but with lots of love and patience she's not a scaredy cat anymore!

Misty has a wonderful life but has had many hardships including spinal arthritis (from being abused by her previous owners) and nerve damage and in late 2005 she suffered a freak injury-a FCE (spinal stroke) that left her paralysed half way down her back to the end of her tail. Thankfully she has recovered from her FCE well but still has some affects from it such as balance issues.

Misty is my best friend and soulmate. I have a chronic illness called dysautonomia that I was diagnosed with in 2002, aged 16. Misty has been with me and supported me every step of the way despite her own hardships. When I have a migraine-Misty sits by my head, when I faint-she waits for me to wake up, when I'm sad-she purrs beside me and every night she walks up and down the stairs to my bedroom multiple times to check I'm okay (despite her spinal arthritis). She has the sweetest, most wonderful soul and has taught me so much.

Anyway, that's our story. We're looking forward to meeting all of you.
Lots of Love, Misty and Sophie, Xoxoxoxo.

----------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Vote for my amazing cat Misty for NZ's Next Top Cat Model-a charity fundraiser compeition. You can vote throughtout September 2009, one vote per email address-anyone can vote! Misty is a disabled rescue cat who spends her life looking after others & very much deserves to win!! http://www.topcatmodel.co.nz/finalist_misty.html
------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

Edited by author Thu Sep 10, '09 1:33pm PST

[notify]

Maggie

Princess Snow- Belle

Purred: Thu Sep 10, '09 6:37pm PST 
Welcome to catster Misty!
You sound like a wonderful and amazing kittyway to go
[notify]

Miss Phoebe

I purr therefore- I am

Purred: Thu Sep 10, '09 8:09pm PST 
Welcome to Catster!!! We looked fur a long time too!! There are lots of great kitties here!!

Edited by author Thu Sep 10, '09 8:10pm PST

[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love

Purred: Thu Sep 10, '09 9:12pm PST 
Welcome to Catster, Misty and Sophie! wave

Misty certainly is a special cat. You have our vote! way to go

Queen Of The- Universe

Purred: Fri Sep 11, '09 2:10pm PST 
Thank you so much!! You're all so lovely and welcoming. We're looking forward to getting to know all of you. smile

Athena-thanks for your vote for NZ's Next Top Cat Model! That's so sweet of you.
[notify]

Nadia

Lick, lick. I- love to lick...

Purred: Fri Sep 11, '09 4:18pm PST 
Hi Misty and Sophie,
So glad you signed up. What a touching story about Misty and you. I watched her video - she seems like a very, very special cat. How fortunate you were to have found each other. It's so amazing to have these little beings as companions. I,too, have a soulmate cat so I understand the connection.

Hope to see you around...

Purrs,
Nadia and Jen
[notify]

Daphne

Dainty Daphne

Purred: Fri Sep 11, '09 5:42pm PST 
Welcome to Catster! We lurked for a long time as well. You will love it here!
[notify]

Queen Of The- Universe

Purred: Mon Sep 14, '09 3:20pm PST 
Thanks guys, you're so sweet.

I'm truely regretting that I didn't join years ago-I love Catster!! It's so wonderful to find so many others that understand the bond that I have with my cat and that have the same bonds with their cats too. smilesmile
[notify]

Marina

Truman\'s Girl

Purred: Mon Sep 14, '09 8:10pm PST 
Hi Misty! Welcome to Catster. We are so glad you joined. We know you will have a wonderful time. I'm so glad you found such a wonderful home. Btw, you are one of the most beautiful Torties we've ever seen.
[notify]

♥- Spitfire- ♥

What Da Baby- Wants Da baby- Gets!

Purred: Tue Sep 15, '09 12:35pm PST 
WELCOME MISTY & SOPHIE!!!!! way to goapplausewavehaildancinghappy dancesnoopypartypartyhamster dancebig laughlaugh out loud
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2