GO!

Were New

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Fri Aug 14, '09 10:53am PST 
Here we both are,Our mom loves all of us we are 2 out of the 18 she owns and cares for.Sissy picture is somewhere on this site,mom hasnt uploaded the rest yet..maybe someday if she understands how this place is ran she do the ..talk at ya later
[notify]

Waverly- (1991-June- 20, 2007)

Where's the sun?

Purred: Fri Aug 14, '09 11:57am PST 
Hi Marty,

Welcome to Catster!!

Waverly

cheercheercheercheer
[notify]

Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Fri Aug 14, '09 8:43pm PST 
Hello Waverly,Its good talking to someone new...I found this site by chance..Still dont know how to set up my page yet..I found this site from using the Bestfriends network site im also a member on..I like this site alot too tho..Maybe in time I can jazz up my kittys profiles and home page..Looking around this network and checking things out will be interesting.Ill be checking out others home page to get ideas..Oh how does one post crazy stuff on their site..I saw one page it looked to have blinking stars,glitter,balloons,things moving across the screen and more..How does one find all that stuff...nickitty
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Sun Aug 16, '09 5:03pm PST 
Hi, Marty! wave Welcome to Catster! My, you have a large family! big grin

You can fix up your page by going to websites like Midi ...

http://mbif.net/

... check out their backgrounds and music, if you like. Copy the codes and paste them in your bio field which you will find under "My Account".

I sent you an invitation to the Pawsome Pages Group (the invite will come through your email) where everything you need to know is there for you. In the group you can post questions and get tech help from our techie Catster members.

Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Wed Aug 19, '09 6:19pm PST 
Hello ,thank you for the information..Im wondering if you can resend it tho to my email..I wasnt sure what it was at the time,so i deleted it by mistake..I should have read this message first then went to my email.I want to thank you again for helping me..I do want to add things to all my cats pages,I just dont know how...thanks nic
[notify]

Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Wed Aug 19, '09 6:32pm PST 
Hello again,Im totally lost here..I looked up the http mdif.net and all I seen was links to peoples pages..I saw no explanations on how to put anything on marty's page nor did I find music or backgrounds...Im gonna log off and move over to the bestbriends network..It is more user friendly..Thanks anyway..nic
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Thu Aug 20, '09 7:39pm PST 
Hi, Marty! You may have had a typo in your hhtp:, so we can try again if you like. Sent you an invite to Pawsome Pages (through your email).

OK, to get background:
It's easier to open up another window so you have one for Catster and one for Midi (but you don't have to).

Go to:
http://mbif.net/

You will see buttons for selection -- "Backgrounds" "Coming Soon" "Cursors" "Midis" "Text & Effects" "Coming Soon" ....
click on "Backgrounds"

A dropdown list appears under "Backgrounds"
"Animals" "Fantasy" "Forces of Nature" "Holidays", etc. -- each of which has its own dropdown list.

For practice, let's just go with the very first category -- click on "Aquatic"
... and a screen will appear with various selections to choose from. Notice that above and below the selections are
"Previous, 1 2 3 4 Next" -- any of which you can click on to see more background selections.

Let's say you want the very first background of those dolphin outlines. Right under each background selection is an HTML code starting with the word "Body". Copy the code by highlighting it (be sure you get the complete code) then hit your "Ctrl" and "C" keys. Now the code is copied and you go to

Catster
click on the "My Account" button above this forum.
Scroll down to which of your cats you want ... click on "modify biography and traits"

Scroll down to "Fun Stuff" ... click on it and your bio field will appear.
Paste in the HTML code that you copied from Midi

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Save All"

That's it!!! happy dance
Go to your kitty's page to see the background.

Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Fri Aug 21, '09 10:29pm PST 
I think I followed you to the T',But I know I did something wrong..I was able to post the link to Marty's page.But could not post the background..Now Im wondering how to get the link off.And all those avertisments showng on the pages inbetween the pictures..I have to find a way to delete them also...Ive worked on this now for about an hour and half..Ill try again later..There is so much to learn,and im not computer smart by any means....going to bed..nic
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Sat Aug 22, '09 6:24pm PST 
Looking at your page it looks as though you pasted the code in "field name". You need to paste the code in the "Body" section of your bio field.

To remove stuff :
click on the "My Account" button.
Scroll down to Marty's pic ... click on "modify biography and traits"
Scroll down to "Fun Stuff" ... click on it and your bio field will appear.
just highlight and the delete key on your keyboard, just like your word processing computer program.

Don't be discouraged. Once you get it, it will become easy.

Edited by author Sat Aug 22, '09 6:37pm PST

Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Sun Aug 23, '09 4:25pm PST 
Your right ,Once I get it it will be eaisier..But for now im frustrated and confussed..I canned salsa all day..Took me forever cutting everything up..I forgot how much work it was ..After getting done id thought Id jot ya a lineand see if you posted back..Ill keep tring with Marty's page..Ill get it someday,huh..nic
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2