GO!

I almost died!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Mrs. Splash- Bigglesworth

Catching Up On- My Beauty Sleep!

Purred: Wed Nov 3, '10 7:49pm PST 
So yesterday I started to see the light.....I am quite the piglet when it comes to eating. I was sick for a while and lost a few pounds and now that I am feeling better I scarf down my kibble.

Well yesterday I ate too fast and I swallowed too much kibble. I started to choke, and all I could hear was my mommy frantically yelling for my dad. Mom and dad gave me kitty CPR and brought me back! I can’t remember much, but mommy told me that I turned white and then blue and then I stopped breathing and moving all together. They didn’t give up on me though, they kept repeating CPR and after what seemed like hours (when your not breathing) was only about 1-2 minutes, I came back. Very shallow breaths at first but mom cradled me and rocked me until I was strong enough to walk on my own.

I am 100% back to normal today and feeling much, much better. The reason I am posting is because my mom is scared to feed me dry kibble now. She doesn’t want a repeat performance, and who can blame her! She is seriously thinking of just feeding me canned food. (Which in my opinion, she should have been doing since day one! Yumm!) What do you guys think? Do any of you guys just eat canned food? What are the Pros and Cons?

Meow,
Mrs. Splash Bigglesworth
(PS- Thank God for 9 lives!)
[notify]

Kitzie - In Memory

Purred: Tue Dec 14, '10 6:34pm PST 
Oh, my - what a story! Thank goodness for happy endings and excellent care!!!!! I am going to guess that maybe this was a one-time event? Maybe when kitty is a little older (and slows down a little?), she can have dry again. But I see nothing wrong with an all-wet diet. Teeth care will be important, of course. Wow...
[notify]