GO!

Is my baby part siberian?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ziggy

Purred: Sun Sep 19, '10 5:14pm PST 
He has similarities with his coat and tail, and characteristics of being very dog like and fascinated by water... it is hard to tell since we found him on the side of the road but everyday he gets more and more fluffy and looks like a siberian. Anyone know how I would be able to find out what mix he is? Thanks!
[notify]

Ziggy

Purred: Sun Sep 19, '10 5:21pm PST 
He also shows the "M" on his forehead that maine coon's have... but he is not as fluffy.
[notify]

gracie- tatanka

grace pirate- queen

Purred: Sun Sep 26, '10 4:37am PST 
a very quick tell is their vocalisations! even the cross breeds tend to coo and churp also they growl like dogs! the cooing makes them sound like they were raised in a pigeon loft and they got confused lol. also does she have any tufted for on the underside of her paws? thats their snow shows as far as i know other breeds dont have this. she cerainly looks part maine coon but even if she isnt shes a beautiful cat. I wouldnt trade my little girl for the world but sometimes the size can be a problem especialy when she wants up and my back is gone lol!!! they can have breed specific problems but hopefully with a crossed breed this wont be as much of a problem. suggest you find a vet with a feline speciality they will be able to check her over properly and let you know the real story. it still suprises me the amount of general vets out their who dont know what a main coon is let alone the breed problems. good luck and enjoy your baby shes a beauty.
[notify]