GO!

I'm New To Siamese

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dylan- Thomcat

The Pugs'- Nemesis

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '12 7:49pm PST 
Hi. I have had many cats but never a purebred, and I haven't been owned by a cat for 9 years. I adopted Dylan Thomcat from a rescue three weeks ago. He is a gorgeous chocolate point, and will be 7 next month.
[notify]

Buddha

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:11pm PST 
My first show cat was a Chocolate point Siamese and I championed him in CFA, ACFA, and CFF. Chocolates tend to have clownish personalities.
[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Mon Jun 17, '13 9:06am PST 
Siamese are not that hard to take care of. They are like Siberian Huskies but in a cat form. So Mikko I think is a Chocolate point Siamese, and I definitely agree with Buddha, Chocolates are clownish laugh out loud. There's not a lot to it. Good Luck! smile way to go
[notify]

Dylan- Thomcat

The Pugs'- Nemesis

Purred: Thu Aug 29, '13 8:04pm PST 
Dylan's Mom back here again. I've been told Dylan is a Seal Point. I adopted him from a rescue group. He was owner surrendered with his pedigree papers, which were never registered (and Dylan is neutered). Pedigree papers don't state whether chocolate point, seal point, lilac point, flame point or whatever.

He is an affectionate nutcase, and we love each other.

Dylan is now 8 years old, and he doesn't play with anything. He isn't interested in catnip. We have two cat trees, and he seldom uses either one. He will occasionally play with an empty box. How do I challenge my otherwise intelligent cat?
[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Tue Oct 8, '13 3:03pm PST 
You cannot change what a cat does, for what a cat does is what a cat wants.

When cats get older they are more likely to play around less. If you want to challenge him then buy a wind up mouse or something, maybe buy a squeaky toy?
Mikko is only three, but he doesnt play around as much as he used to. If he doesnt want a challenge then so be it. Dont know what to tell you if he doesnt want a challenge. shrug

Anyways, hope this helps!
[notify]