GO!

Siamese lost color

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bastet

I am the- goddess....bow- down to me....

Purred: Sun Jul 24, '11 2:44pm PST 
My 14 YO siamese has lost part of the coloring in her mask...How could this happen???

Jennifer
[notify]

Nestle

Iz a predator!

Purred: Mon Jul 25, '11 11:44am PST 
I know Siames color is actually dictated by a gene that's activated by cold... Which is why they're ears, face, limbs and tails are effected. If you look at a heat reading on anyone, those are usually the coldest pasts of the body. At 14 years old, that's quite old. She could just be going "grey" or there could be a change in circulation patterns. Given the age, Im votng for a normal change in coat due to aging...
[notify]

Angel Sandy

Always an Angel

Purred: Fri Oct 21, '11 6:48pm PST 
Hmmm. That's interesting. I'm an applehead Lynx Point Siamese, 16 years old, and the point coloring in my face has kinda gone. My legs, ears and tail and even some areas on my back are still kinda darker, but now I look like a brown kitty, when before I kinda looked brown and grey and kinda violety.
[notify]