GO!

Mystery Colorpoints on 2 week old litter of 6!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rocky and- Daisy

Purred: Wed Apr 16, '08 6:11am PST 
Hi, I'm new to this forum. My kitties recently had a litter of 6 Siamese Mix kittens. The father (Rocky) is a sealpoint applehead siamese/himalayan mix. He was the darkest of his litter with the shortest hair length.
The mother (Daisy) is mostly a blue point with a little tortie point/snowshoe in her. Her father was a Sealpoint applehead siamese, and her mother was the same as her, but with more tortie/snowshoe patches on her.
4 of their new babies have a dustier tinge to their coat and have been developing darker colorpoints for over a week. I'm guessing these are going to be my sealpoints?
2 of their new babies (twin boys) are pretty white and don't have any coloration on their points yet.
It's been over 12 years since I've had a bluepoint/sealpoint mix litter. I can't remember if the blue points take longer to come in, or perhaps I have some genetic anomally on my hands? Could they be albinos?
I have a few pictures in my new profile of the parents and their new babies. I have a solo picture of one of the lighter kittens, and some overhead pictures of them mixed together with pretty clear distinctions of the colorpoint differences. Any opinions or guesses would be wonderful! Thank you!
[notify]