GO!

found kitten

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

negrita- chula

Purred: Thu Oct 24, '13 12:01pm PST 
I didn't know where to post? I heard a little meow cry at 1:00 in the morning in front of my door. I open my door in comes this cute lil black kitten. I am hoping I did the right thing and kept her for the night it was cold plus I hear so many scary story's of what they do to black cats especially with Halloween around the corner. I don't know much about cats but I will look for the owners after that I need ideas from cat lovers? Kitten is in a crate don't know how to let her out to do her business, can I give her weenies to eat I dont have a car and low in cash.

Edited by author Fri Oct 25, '13 1:13pm PST

[notify]

Cali

The Most- Beautiful Girl- In The World

Purred: Thu Oct 24, '13 1:57pm PST 
Hello
Yes you did the right thing taking this kitten inside.
I am not an expert on rescued kittens but my neighbor had done this plenty of times and I recall she placed a small litter box inside the crate. The kittens always seemed to know what to do once placed in the box for the first time.
I dont know how old the kitten is but my neighbor feeds the rescues kittens canned food. Money being tight I wouldnt be concerned about getting the top brands, at this point any canned food would be acceptable IMHO I think the saltiness of hotdogs may cause stomach upset and hotdogs are too salty for cats anyways
Please keep us informed on this kittys progress and bless you for bringing him/her into your home
[notify]