GO!

Severe health issue forces rehoming cat-Please Help!!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Purred: Sun Sep 15, '13 8:48am PST 
I'm a mom living in SE Portland (Sellwood). I have a lovely, well-mannered, sweet 7-year-old female cat named Rose. She is a black and white tuxedo short-hair. My 5-year-old daughter has had chronic illness for months that we couldn't figure it out and we finally realized via testing that she is highly allergic to cats. Her pediatrician has told us we must remove the cat ASAP because of the level of severity of her allergies. We are sad, of course, but know this is necessary.

Rose is a very laid back, smart, sweet girl. She loves to hang out on the porch and watch the world go by. Will play too but not rambunctious. Would be great for mature family or single person. Does well as an indoor/outdoor cat. No bad habits, such as scratching furniture our jumping on tables. Once she knows the rules, will respect them. Very adaptable and gets along with other cats and dogs. Can you help us find a new home for her? Our number is 503-891-0065.
[notify]