GO!

Pal or no pal?

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Thu Dec 13, '12 4:14am PST 
I am debating adopting another kitty so JC has some company when we are not home. JC has spent his whole life with our dog Samson, they were buddies. Samson passed away Nov 19th and now JC is home alone. Our previous cat Mystique had passed away in 2011. We give him lots of lovings but I feel so bad when we are gone, it is obvious he is lonely. He follows us from room to room and greets us when we come in the door.

So I am looking for some input for anybody who has had this experience. I have had multiple cats before and the house if very pet friendly, but I am not sure how he will take to a new cat. JC will be 10 years old in March.

Thanks for your advice smile
[notify]

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Thu Dec 13, '12 11:24am PST 
Look into adopting a senior cat, near the age of your cat. Senior cats are always the last taken at a shelter or rescue. And, the shelter or rescue can know if they are good with other cats, etc. etc. You will be doing your cat and the one who adopts you a big favor.

Good Luck....

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Hunter

Is that a hair- elastic? ^w^

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '12 12:36am PST 
I agree with Buddy Bolden. Another cat around the same age would be your best bet. Depending on your cat you may want to look at a cat of the opposite sex as some males usually get along better with females and vice versa. Good luck!
P.S Sorry to hear about Samson and Mystique! frown

Edited by author Sat Dec 15, '12 12:40am PST

[notify]