GO!

Should I bring the kitten home??

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Princton

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 7:00pm PST 
For the past two days a friendly little kitten has been hanging out around the front door of where I work. the poor thing appears to have Haw Syndrome... she has feces on her backside and the underside of the tail, and it's third eye lid is visible and covering half her eye. I feel so bad for her and I want to bring her home... but I have 4 indoor and four feral cats (living in my backyard). Is it crazy?? I also fear that my ferals might not accept her, even though the adults are spayed and neutered and she is about the same age as the two kittens already here (about 4 months) and I just don't know about bringing another one inside the house. She will need vetted before anything.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 8:32am PST 
I would start with the vet. I wouldn't let her near my other cats until she was checked out and confirmed to have nothing contagious. The vet visit may also help you make your decision, depending on what's wrong with her. Good luck and thanks for even considering another kitty!
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 9:52am PST 
We agree with BK....first he/she MUST be checked out by a vet. Bless you for wanting to help this kitten.

Keep us posted.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Smokie Boo- Dreamboat- #104b

Rescued cats- like me are the- best!

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 11:13am PST 
Well,
Speaking on behalf of everyone here, who has 'come in from the cold'
YES!!!!!

I was once a sad, scared neglected cat who had given up that any human would want me after I had been abused, betrayed and dumped.

I now know that my family love me.

They made room for 'one more' and have since made room for others-simply because they could not not do so.

I'm so glad they did.

And we are hoping you'll take this kitty home-once she gets checked by the vet...

purrs to this new little fur,
Smokieboo
[notify]

Athena

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 7:49pm PST 
You are definitely not crazy to want to help that poor kitten, it makes you wonderful! Get her to the vet ASAP before she stops hanging out around your work and you can't find her anymore then you may feel even worse! Please do keep us updated, I hope she is healthy and she ends up home with you smile
[notify]

Mollie aka- Ambrosia

Not the lenght- of Life, It's- the Depth

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 1:12pm PST 
I don't come across friendly kitten's..someone has handled it before.. Please her to the vet first..When I brought home Mollie I didn't know she had ringworm.. She gave it to my other cat.. That was a ordeal... Better safe than sorry..Good luck!! bless your heart..relieved
[notify]

Princton

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 7:24pm PST 
I ended up bringing the kitten home last night and isolating it in a huge dog crate in my spare room until I could get it to the vet this afternoon. Besides a bad case of worms and some ear mites HE is fine. Apparently the matted fur concealed his "maleness" on first glance. wink Anyway, he tested negative for Feline leukemia and the vet treated the mites and gave him special food for a couple days for his upset tummy... and I had started him on wormer after his bath when he got to my house. My daughter is considering taking him to live with her and if not he will end up staying here as part of this zoo... did I mention the two dogs and rabbit along with the four cats in the house?! his name is Cash now and he is making himself king of the castle already.
[notify]

Athena

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 8:02pm PST 
Wonderful! I'm so glad he has no major health issues, sounds like he should be ok smile Just think what that kittens life was like 24 hours ago, it's a wonderful feeling to rescue a cat smile Keep us posted and let us know if you put a profile up to him smile
[notify]

Cash

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 9:34pm PST 
Yay!! I have my very own profile... homeless to internet celeb overnight!! happy dance
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat Aug 13, '11 7:19am PST 
OK, that is one CUTE kitty! Concats on not only going above and beyond the call of duty, but for ending up with an adorable, healthy boy!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2