GO!

Really need help, Not sure what to do

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Thu Mar 3, '11 5:18pm PST 
Post on Facebook, let people know about the cats. Ask for help from anyone you know-can you post that they are up for adoption at vets offices? If any of them have special traits, then let people know about them.

If you can, reach out to local cat sitters. They come in contact with all sorts of cat people.

I used to work at a no kill and it's just as you said. Does the place have a good reputation? In the place I worked folks had the option of coming back for the cat and taking it back if it didn't work out.

Just get the word out about them..that is all you can do unless you can come up something else...

all the best,
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 10:26am PST 
I agree with Ruffy, facebook is a good advertising media and most of my friends I know would be up in arms, try it.

I gave a much loved kitty to a friend because I couldn't afford 5 on pension, I know how you feel as I miss him terribly, I see pics of the lovely Ginge regularly though and can see him any time I want to. He was going to a shelter along with Patch, I am glad my friend took him in.Shame you couldn't have had them fostered with friends. I feel sooo sorry for you.hug
[notify]

Blackie

Halloween Kitty

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 4:38pm PST 
Thank you for your support. I feel better being on here and other similar sites.
[notify]

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 9:21pm PST 
Hi Blackie - I don't know if this helps at all or not, but there's a group trying to start a "no-kill" shelter here, but for legal reasons, they won't call it "no-kill" because they will put down animals that are too sick to adopt out. So the shelter might just have been making that clear to you for legal reasons.
[notify]

Blackie

Halloween Kitty

Purred: Sat Mar 5, '11 6:00pm PST 
Thank you Monida. That's what I am hoping. kitty
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2