GO!

Home needed for 2 5 month old kittens, Queens, NY

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Sun Feb 20, '11 6:54am PST 
L and Kira were rescued from the street by a friend of mine. They are 5 months old, neutred, Leuk/FIV neg. They would be great together.
L was mistreated by a vet who saw him, and is a little skittish, but doing well.
They both need 'cat people'.
If you are interested, please contact me, and I will put you in contact with my friend.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Feb 20, '11 8:47am PST 
Mistreated by a vet?!
[notify]

Princess- Antonia- Llwellyn of- K

Cinderella did- become a- Princess

Purred: Sun Feb 20, '11 12:01pm PST 
Mistreated by a vet...

Rescue uses a vet who is 'rough' and this kitty, who is terrified, was not treated well...vet went to shave area to take blood and 'nipped' the area os the cat cried out in pain, then did such a big 'ear tipping' that the cat has a big chunk of ear off.

I would never use this vet myself...he reminds me of someone who rounds up cattle and brands them...but it's a done deal and the rescue gets a big break from him.

I don't take my cats there...but this is just what happened and one of the reasons I believe that kitten is alittle more shy than he would have been without this treatment.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Feb 20, '11 1:27pm PST 
What's his name?! He can't be a vet anymore!
[notify]