GO!

Desperate for Help

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jack

Jack- Jumpin Jack

Purred: Tue Sep 16, '08 6:31pm PST 
Hi , im desperate for help with my russian blue...he just turned a year old last week...he is a fantastic cat 95% of the time...the other 5% he is a vicious cat that attacks to hurt...i have no idea how to stop him..nothing seems to trigger him...it isnt as though we are moving our arm at the time of attack...he just gets this look in his eye and bam...bits soo hard...and if we try to stop him it makes him worse...no idea what im going to do with him...i find that if i put him in another room and close the door...minutes later he is fine again...but i need to no how to stop him from attacking in the first place....any suggestions would be great..thanks so much
[notify]

Tom- Berzerker- Xyro Bosley

Crazy Pants- Magillicuddy

Purred: Sat Sep 27, '08 8:53pm PST 
Wow, if I didn't know any better, I would say that was me posting this topic. Our cat is really sweet deep down. Somewhat ambivilant, too, but about 15% of the time he just goes nuts. it isn't just play fighting, he uses claws, teeth, and his muscles. He gets a look in his eye, just like you describe and I cannot break him of it.

The only thing and even remotely works for us is to be able to pick up the signs he's about to attack and make a really sharp, one syllable noise so that he knows we know. If he does it anyway, we immediately put him in time out to cool down. Sorry, I'm not much help. If you get any good advice, let me know.
[notify]

Jack

Jack- Jumpin Jack

Purred: Mon Oct 20, '08 9:02pm PST 
nothing new to post...jack is still nasty at times and very sweet other times...one extreme to another.

Edited by author Mon Oct 20, '08 9:08pm PST

[notify]

Jack

Jack- Jumpin Jack

Purred: Mon Oct 20, '08 9:05pm PST 
lol...guess the girlfriend isn't going to find that post funny, eh? should have changed the "pet author" and pic first...lol
anyways...hopefully someone will provide a more appropriate response.
[notify]