GO!

Is Kitty Russian Blue?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kitty

Kitty: pss pss- pss pss pss

Purred: Sun Dec 9, '07 5:33am PST 
I have four images of Kitty that I would greatly appreciate if someone can give me their opinion on if Kitty is Russian Blue, Korat, or something else.

Kitty is seen in the first 4 pictures on:

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/sebadooo/

Please click to enlarge and get a better view.

Thanks a lot.

Eric & Kitty

Edited by author Mon Dec 10, '07 12:51am PST

[notify]

Kitty

Purred: Mon Dec 10, '07 12:50am PST 
I don't know how to delete this now unnecessary post.

Edited by author Mon Dec 10, '07 12:52am PST

[notify]

Kitty

Purred: Tue Dec 11, '07 4:56am PST 
Anyone out there? Kitty and I await your expertise!
[notify]

Chili

"*mew...mew.Mark- my words you- birds."

Purred: Thu Dec 13, '07 5:39pm PST 
Yes you look like a Russian Blue mix.Do you think I'm part Russian blue?just wndering.
[notify]

Kitty

Purred: Fri Dec 14, '07 3:06pm PST 
Your cat looks just like my cat. I'm not sure about breeds so I can't answer your question. That's why I'm here. Out of curiousity why do you think mine's a mix? You may be right she was found at the pound.
[notify]

Chili

"*mew...mew.Mark- my words you- birds."

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '07 7:29am PST 
Well, I think she is a mix because i've seen pics of pure breed Russian blues and she looks like a mix to me.
[notify]

Tom- Berzerker- Xyro Bosley

Crazy Pants- Magillicuddy

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '07 7:21pm PST 
Your kitty definitely looks part Russian Blue. My cat (TomBosley) is half Russian Blue, as his dad is pure RB. His mother was something totally different and somehow TomBosley ended up with some striping, which I assume is some sort of recessive trait.

Anyway, back to your cat. pure RBs have no other coloring and it looks like yours has a little bit of striping and a little bit of a white/lighter tuft on her belly. Also, I can't tell what color her eyes are, but RBs typically have bright green eyes, but on my cat it varies by his mood.

RBs are also very talkative, so if she meows a lot, that could be a clue. They're very smart, too.
[notify]

Felix loves- Hazel Lucy

No other cat has- fur as soft as- mine!

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '07 12:57pm PST 
I think Kitty is part Russian Blue, just like me. I am silvery grey with silver hair tips and have an incredibly fluffy double coat. You can only see some stripes in my tail!
[notify]

Sergei

still purrin- loud n clear!

Purred: Mon Mar 10, '08 4:03pm PST 
You sure may have some Russian Blue blood inside u smile

Edited by author Mon Mar 10, '08 4:16pm PST

[notify]

Luka

High Paws to- YOU! =)

Purred: Sat Jul 12, '08 8:35pm PST 
any amount of russian blood is good enough for me! MOL
[notify]