GO!

Diluting NV bone content with meat

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Thu Sep 19, '13 5:08pm PST 
So Human is trying to add a little raw meat to the NV raw to dilute the bone content a bit. Emma doesn't care for plain raw meat of any kindshrug Would partially cooked meat work as well? thinking
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Fri Sep 20, '13 4:43am PST 
Yes, I would start with meat cooked as lightly as possible. As time goes on you should be able to reduce the cooking time until she's eating it raw.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Sep 20, '13 9:16am PST 
It's strange that a cat already eating (commercial) raw food won't eat plain raw meat shrug Maybe the other ingredients in the NV raw makes it more tasty thinking Emma loves cooked chicken smile Human will try cooking chicken for less time.
[notify]

~Honey~

Forever loved. I- keep her in my- heart.

Purred: Fri Sep 20, '13 4:12pm PST 
Do you have a small mini food processor like KitchenAid? I think it can hold a cup or two. Could you puree the raw chicken then add the NV raw to the bowl. Add a little water as need to process. Just a thought to add the raw into NV raw without cooking.
[notify]