GO!

Emu

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Ziggy

Purred: Wed Jun 19, '13 8:31am PST 
I contacted a butcher shop yesterday that is 18mins away. He actually gets a lot of people who buy "pet food" [meat scraps, hearts, livers, kidney, lungs, tongue] from him. He charges 60c/# chucked, or $1/# ground.
Today he is butchering 8 emu's. He was wondering if I would be interested in the carcasses as well.

My question is would any of the bones besides the wings be able to be eaten by the cats? Maybe the neck or ribs, any ideas?

Nothing else I figure maybe give the dogs a few raw meals.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 6:03am PST 
Emu's are huge - I doubt the bones will be edible. But certainly try the meat since it's always good to have variety. And what great prices!
[notify]