GO!

be choosy on what supplements you get

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Mon Sep 17, '12 12:24pm PST 
I normally get all my raw supplements from the health food store. They usually carry the ones in capsules i can open up and dump the insides into. This time i chose to get solid pills and crush them to save money. BIG MISTAKE.

they are made with wood pulp to bulk them up and hold them together. Wood pulp is exactly the reason my cat was put on raw to start. Wood pulp makes cats sick.

my message is this: read the labels and google everything before feeding them into raw. I had to throw these out and go get new ones that didnt have all the additives.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Sep 17, '12 4:52pm PST 
Cellulose is the fancy technical term for plant fiber shrug It's used as a binding agent for mnay things.
[notify]