GO!

Bone fragment in Nature's Variety

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri May 4, '12 6:13pm PST 
Has any ever had problems with large bone fragments and cartilage in the Nature's Variety frozen raw food?

Both of Human's cats had bone fragments stuck on their teeth this week eek Emma at her dinner and immediately started pawing at her mouth and lip smacking. Human opened her mouth and found a large bone fragment stuck to a tooh shock Human was able to remove the bone. Then Leroy had a bone fragment stuck to his teeth but it did not bother him. It fell out as Human brushed Leroy's teeth.

Human took pictures of the boen fragments and complained to Nature's Variety. This is their somewhat generic response:

Thank you for e-mailing and sorry for your recent experience with our food. Feedback like this is very important to us. We haven't had any other reports like this and we can assure you that we have not changed the formula. With the "best if used by” dates you have provided from the products in question we can now report this issue to our Quality Assurance Department for further research. Also, are there any letters or numbers around these dates? We have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that covers all of our foods if you are not satisfied with your Nature's Variety purchases for ANY reason. Were you able to exchange or return these products for a full refund at the store? If not, we can send you free product coupons to try other bags. Just respond to this e-mail with your physical mailing address and we'll send those coupons out to you right away. Again, sorry for your experience.

Guess Human will be getting coupons for more food shrug We're glad that neither cat needed a trip to the ER.
[notify]

Daisy Angel

Pretty girl!

Purred: Sat May 5, '12 10:58am PST 
Yes, we noticed it also. I would pick at the food and spit them back out, leaving a little pile of bone on my plate. I'm no longer eating it. (I was also constipated when eating it.)

Glad you're okay, that's scary!
[notify]