GO!

Leftovers?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Cilla

Purred: Sat Mar 24, '12 12:31pm PST 
Hi all! I'm starting my two adult cats on a raw diet. Last week we made the switch from kibble buffet to a canned meal schedule. Easy! Now we're on day 2 of canned plus chicken thigh chunks, which they've taken to surprisingly well. My plan is to keep this up for a couple more days, then introduce ground bone and organs to the mix, and finally phase out the canned food when they're comfortable.
Being a non-meat eater myself, I've been very cautious in selecting quality meat for my kiddos, and of proper handling of it. I also don't want to be wasteful.
At this point in the transition, they are eating three meals a day. Sometimes they scarf it all, but often there are leftovers.

Which leads me to my question: can I re-refrigerate leftovers from breakfast or lunch and serve them at the next meal?

I throw away whatever doesn't get eaten at dinner, and pull a new portion out of the freezer to thaw overnight. My cats' health is top priority for me, of course, but I also feel morally inclined to waste as little as possible.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sun Mar 25, '12 6:01am PST 
A resounding yes from me! You can save leftovers for a day or two as long as you refrigerate in between. No sense in wasting anything. Also, as you get further along you will probably be able to estimate meal sizes much more accurately. You'll see how much they eat at each sitting and which meats they like more. Then you'll have fewer leftovers.
[notify]