GO!

butcher was mean, mean butcher :((

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 8:32am PST 
Is buying online an option, like Hare Today? That way it's shipped to you and you have more organ options.

Edited by author Wed Feb 29, '12 8:32am PST

[notify]

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 9:44pm PST 
hare today can end up being pretty expensive with 5 cats...
i keep trying to see if it is possible but i always come out short when i look at the prices.
[notify]

Ajaxx- Anthony- Fisher

Big Man

Purred: Sat Mar 31, '12 3:58am PST 
Can't you give them some raw meat & some of the high class kibble from before? That way you won't be breaking the bank feeding your cats & they're still eating healthy. I know the raw food/wet food only fanatics are dead opposed to any sort of dry food but if it's really good dry food, a mix of both will be okay.
[notify]

Munchkin

Always up to- some kind of- mischief...

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 11:03am PST 
My Mamma is lucky, there is a pet store that sells frozen raw meat (human grade too!) by the half pound and pound around our home. So much better than the dry kibble! And she told me the people working there are awesome.

Tell your Mamma to put you on grain-free wet food if she can't get decent raw meat. Mine has seen grain-free options at 'mainstream' pet stores.
[notify]

Daigon

Tiny girl, tiny- peep voice.

Purred: Wed May 2, '12 5:11pm PST 
I can't drive far so I tend to stick to WalMart which is about 18 miles away. That's close, trust me.

I can get a 10 lb bag of chix thighs and legs for $5.90. Because I have ssssooo many cats to feed in a day (over 18) that means I make it fresh each day so I don't have to worry about supplements and stuff.

????
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu May 3, '12 5:02am PST 
Daigon, I just want to be sure it's clear - the supplements are not just about freshness, but for balance. If you don't have a lot of variety or if you don't have the exact proportions (80/10/5/5) then supplements are necessary. If you're only feeding chicken legs and thighs, that's not enough.
[notify]

Daigon

Purred: Thu Jun 7, '12 8:17am PST 
Again, slow to read and respond.

BK, I hear you. I was just commenting on the meat supplier. I am well versed in the ratios/supplements to the rawfed. And my husband grumbles every darn time I have to refresh my cat pantry. http://www.catster.com/forums/post.php#
[notify]

BK

Purred: Fri Jun 8, '12 3:39pm PST 
Whew, I'm glad you've got it together. I never mean to insult someone's intelligence, but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry and mention the obvious!
[notify]

Daigon

Purred: Sat Jun 23, '12 11:30am PST 
BK, you never insult me. I fear my response - OK, the previous one - was a bit abrupt. I found a squishy in my slipper as I was typing and I kinda freaked. My guys like to bring me a lot of gifts, some - never mind, you catch my drift. big grin
[notify]

BK

Purred: Sun Jun 24, '12 4:33pm PST 
Squishy in my slipper, mol! laugh out loud

You weren't so abrupt considering THAT!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2