GO!

Bone in Nature's Variety raw

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Oct 11, '11 8:55am PST 
Does anyone have a problem eating the small bone fragments in Nature's Variety's frozen raw foods? Human's Aby Leroy has been doing a panting/lip smacking thing and someone suggested that perhaps a piece of bone got stuck thinking Leroy only eats the raw beef shrug Human's other cat eats the organic chicken one and doesn't have any problems. Human has sent a video of Leroy panting/lip smacking to the vet and is waiting to hear back. Leroy only occasionally does the panting/lip smacking and it happens hours after eating shrug He does not vomit and Human checks his mouth every day so she can brush his teeth.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Tue Oct 11, '11 1:35pm PST 
Merlin, I've heard this from many people about their kitties. It doesn't always cause problems but it can and does quite often. thinking
[notify]

Allen

Just one of- Auntie Crazy's- crew.

Purred: Tue Oct 11, '11 4:19pm PST 
Although I'm new to Catster, I'm not at all new to raw feeding... and I've not yet heard of any issues with the size of the bones in any of the commercial products.

Auntie Crazy
[notify]