GO!

Asian markets

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Grim

Who can I squish- today

Purred: Wed Mar 9, '11 4:10pm PST 
What should I look for meat and treat wise?? Goin over to the Asian market this weekend and wanted some ideas. The boys are getting raw as there pm meal with a lil wet and there usal kibble in the am there slowly moving away from kibble wer in the transition faze. They so far love the primal brand frozen but wanted to try some other meats and things. Ideas
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Mar 9, '11 4:50pm PST 
Asian markets usually have a large selection of meats and organs from various animals (beef, pork, lamb, chicken and other birds, etc). You can stick with the typical raw meats and organs (liver, heart, gizzards, etc).
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu Mar 10, '11 5:04am PST 
If you're thinking of going from pre-made raw to Frankenprey, you might want to look for smaller things with edible bones, and your "second" organ besides liver. Look for kidneys, sweetbreads, etc. These will help you determine how easy it will be to switch them.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Thu Mar 10, '11 7:15pm PST 
my kittens are even too lazy to sift apart their own chunks. Penn started that crap, Teller soon followed. I have to now sift it for them with a fork so beware! You never know what's itching them the wrong way. It's like a puzzle.
[notify]