GO!

Raw and Canned Food Diet

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Grim

Who can I squish- today

Purred: Sun Feb 27, '11 12:19pm PST 
I'm new to this to and have had the same issues with one cat not wanting to eat it and the other thinking its more fun to play with it. I got one of the free trial packs with the coupon and been feeding small bits as treats to get them used to it so far that's working a lot better. http://www.radfood.com/transitioning_your_cat that's another good site for info. Haven't tried there raw frozen yet but have a container in the freezer
[notify]

Merlotte

The Demon Cat

Purred: Tue Mar 8, '11 7:09am PST 
Success!! My picky eater (Shmi) is eating RAW!!! Of course now my bottomless pit (Merlotte) is becoming finicky. He is not interested in RMB where as my Dex will.....ugh. Trial and Error! Trial and Error! Trial and Error! Here's what I've learned.

Shmi doesn't like big chunks, she prefers her food to be almost puree.
Dexter would prefer chunks, but has no issue tearing a bone apart.
Merlotte wants bite size portions and I can't figure out if it's the egg yolk he doesn't like or the chicken leg.

Little butts.

Edited by author Tue Mar 8, '11 7:10am PST

[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Tue Mar 8, '11 1:51pm PST 
One thing I've learned about the kittens is that no matter how picky they are they will eat. They need some peer pressure sometimes. Merlotte will come around if the other cats are doing it. It should work out this way, if it doesn't then stick to what works but try sticking to the same stuff as the others to minimize difficulty when it comes to the kitten. Mine were giving me a hard time too but it just took watching the older cat eat like a piggy to get the idea "hey this is my foodies!"
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Mar 8, '11 4:06pm PST 
All I can say is: laugh out loud

I don't know why, but if you have more than one cat, they're bound to want different things. It's like they stay up at night plotting ways to drive us crazy!
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Wed Mar 9, '11 3:32am PST 
What BK said!

And just wait until you are sure of exactly what each one wants, that's when they change their minds!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2