GO!

Gizzard drama

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Sparks

Purred: Sat Nov 6, '10 9:19am PST 
Mommy brought home some gizzards today. First off she actually had to go through a couple of stores to find gizzards and hearts but find them she did.

Well we've gotten used to eating chunks of chicken but we've never had gizzards before. Mommy put them in our bowl, I licked it and then left it. Mommy cooked it up, I didn't even go near it this time.

Then she put it in my regular canned food, I started eating my canned food. Mommy was worried I would eat around the gizzards but GUESS WHAT? I picked out all the gizzards and hearts and left my canned food for my brother too eat.

Mommy can't figure why I wouldn't just eat it plain... I like to keep her on her toes. She says I am a weird cat.

Chewing those gizzards sure did feel good on my teeth and gums.
[notify]

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Sat Nov 6, '10 2:53pm PST 
mol! big laugh

Cats are funny critters for sure!

We use gizzards/hearts as training treats.
[notify]

Freya

Food is to be- played with,- then eaten

Purred: Tue Nov 9, '10 10:52am PST 
At least you would eat them. Me yuck, yuck and double yuck. I don't like organ meat at all. Mommy has sneak them in things by grinding them. Now my brother will eat anything.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Nov 9, '10 3:50pm PST 
Freya, just to clarify, gizzards and hearts don't count as organ meat - they count as muscle meat. Make sure you're feeding things like liver and kidney!
[notify]

Vanessa

Furry Girl

Purred: Thu Nov 11, '10 6:14pm PST 
Gizzards are good! The other day there wasn't quite enough canned food left for an entire meal so Toffy and I each got 1 or 2 chicken gizzards in our food bowls as well. Guess what? We both ate the chicken gizzards before eating the canned food!
[notify]

Patsy

Purred: Thu Nov 18, '10 10:21pm PST 
Patsy loves gizzards...usually. Monday, he decided that one of them was a toy instead of food and I got a floor show in the kitchen at lunch time as he jumped on it, threw it in the air, chased it around the room.

Cats are weird, but highly entertaining in the process.

Bali, on the other hand, pretty much ignored the gizzard and patsy. She's not too fond of gizzard.
[notify]

Freya

Food is to be- played with,- then eaten

Purred: Fri Nov 19, '10 10:54am PST 
Thanks BK, I won't eat those (liver and kidney) either, I am still a work in progress. So mom feeds us some premade food a couple times a week to make sure I get that stuff. Poor mom even tried liver treats nope no way. The dog will eat the liver slightly seared, but not me. Mom has tried some different types of kidneys but no dice with anyone but Freyr.
[notify]