GO!

Wait.... now way.... *rubs eyes*... WOW...

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Sun Oct 21, '07 8:17pm PST 
I'm SEEING RESULTS!

Natasha has been on the raw food diet for one week so far. And today when I pet her, her fur glittered!
It is also much, much softer than it was a week ago- I swear. I took a look at her teeth and they're absurdly clean, her breath doesn't smell like anything at all!

Her energy has gone up too, she isn't lying around on my bed all day. She's outdoors tussling in the leaves! Her poohs are perfect and she's eating all the RMBs I give her except for some of the bigger bones.

-Just thought I'd say WOW! By seeing the results I actually know what you mean when you say raw is the best!
kitty
[notify]

Nya - In loving- memory

Princess- extrordinaire!

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '07 6:10pm PST 
Impressive isn't it? smile
[notify]

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '07 6:44pm PST 
MORE than impressive.. a miracle more so.kitty

Let's hope it just keeps getting better!dancing
[notify]

Mysty (The- Princess)

Lay still! I'm- grooming you!

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '07 7:34pm PST 
Do pet stores sell raw food? How do you know what is safe? I may like it because I like wet food, but Cleo hates anything that is damp or moist.
[notify]

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '07 4:22pm PST 
Do pet stores sell raw food?

Yes, they do, but I feed Natasha a prey-model diet. I buy all of my meats and bones whole from the grocery store.

Pet stores sell premade raw food diets so you can have a little less work having to balance out and prepare the meals, but the are very, very, very, (did I say very? mol) expensive. On the other hand, when you feed prey model, it's cheaper than feeding processed cat food, it just takes a little bit more time. The time is worth it though!

How do you know what is safe?

Evolution.

Cats have evolved to eat raw mice, birds, and other things they'd prey upon in the wild. Their tummies aren't build to process the high-carb, cooked cat food that most pet owners feed today.

The acid levels in their stomachs are far beyond that of a humans' even a dogs' stomach acid levels. It kills almost all of the bacteria that enters inside of it. Raw meat also contains it's own enzyme to help break itself down for easier digestion.

Just be sure that you disinfect all of the surfaces and utensils you use while preparing raw food with bleach water or white vinegar water.kitty
[notify]

Shadow

Miracle Fighter

Purred: Thu Nov 1, '07 8:57pm PST 
I don't know if you can buy raw from a store, I know you can on this computer thing. Mommy is always buying whole chickens from the super market though, she uses this loud machine to grind them up and then we eat it, soo yummy! Simply Purrfect!
[notify]