GO!

Natasha's going RAWW! Any tips?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Sun Oct 14, '07 9:59am PST 
SO, mommy's switching my me to raw!

Mommy really wants to improve my coat and overall health. Since I am between 7-9 years old, I have also had some tartar on my teeth (I got a tooth cleaning from the vet this summer) and mommy wants my teeth to be naturally cleaned rather than using the salty cat toothpaste.

Mommy really wants a healthy cat! So do you Catsters have any extra advice?

Mommy's been studying about it really really hard. She wants the best for me.

Thanks everyone!kitty
[notify]

Pooka

Do the Pooka- Polka!

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '07 12:16am PST 
Congratulations! If you can get Natasha to switch at that age, then double congratulations!

I notice that your Joey's sister, so I can tell you that the advice for switching would be about the same for dogs; start with a single variety, then introduce new proteins after a period of adjustment. I do believe a variety of meats and organs are very important for cats. I always make sure my two get lots of heart, for example, since heart muscle contains lots of taurine.
[notify]

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '07 6:19am PST 
Thanks Pooka!(Darby's siblinghug)

I ate my first raw meal last night! I'm taking to it very well so far! I ate half of my whole meal!

Yup yup, we're starting out with just plain chicken and we'll see how it goes from there. My tummy is made of iron compared to Joey's so mommy thinks things should go more smoothly, but we shouldn't "assume" anything should we?
kitty

Thanks again!
[notify]

Nya - In loving- memory

Princess- extrordinaire!

Purred: Thu Oct 18, '07 6:46pm PST 
Wow Natasha, you're making the switch MUCH easier than I did for my mum! I really didn't like raw at first, it took a lot of time for mum to convince me it really was yummy. What can I say? I'm an older girl who doesn't like having things changed around!

Glad your enjoying it, raw really is the healthiest choice!
[notify]

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Thu Oct 18, '07 8:50pm PST 
Thanks Nya!

The problem is... I'm not really eating that much bone... but we'll find a way! (*I love raw meat, but the bones are too hard*)kitty
[notify]

KharismaOfTh- eUnwanted

What ever Lola- wants Lola gets!

Purred: Fri Oct 19, '07 4:15pm PST 
I had a hard time with bones too! We started with pork riblets. At first I would only eat around the soft cartilage at the end of the ribs. It took a month or two before I got the whole crunch the bone idea.wink
[notify]