GO!

Pretty Smile

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Pippin

Lovin' the- indoor life

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 1:47pm PST 
I used to be an outdoor kitty until maybe a month ago when my human brought me to her apartment. She is now feeding me Felidae dry food and Chicken Soup wet food.

I have very pretty teeth, and my human would like to keep them that way. She has heard that for dogs you can give them a raw soup bone and it does wonders. Is there something like this that she could do for little ol' me? kitty
[notify]

Piper

Squeaker the- mini cat

Purred: Tue Sep 25, '07 2:48am PST 
My meowmy gives me RAW chicken necks!
They are yummy, and are great for keeping teeth clean, and gums healthy!!
My doctor says I have a beautiful smile!!
[notify]

Buddy

Mrow! I love- food!

Purred: Tue Sep 25, '07 5:05am PST 
Yup, chicken necks are fabulous! They work great for keeping teeth clean, and they're YUMMY too!
[notify]

Pooka

Do the Pooka- Polka!

Purred: Tue Sep 25, '07 11:16am PST 
Ditto on chicken wings, feet, or necks. They are a great way to keep kitty teeth clean and bright.

I personally think kitties should stay away from dry food, also. It does not really help to keep the teeth clean, and it is hard on their kidneys to eat food with so little moisture. Stick with canned and/or raw!
[notify]