GO!

Hooked on Fancy Feast

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
JAZZPURR- M-CAT BASS - -

Bring It On

Purred: Sun Jul 29, '07 6:50am PST 
well I just got a new kitten brother- Fatty -14 weeks.. Sam and Brad are eight, and I am about 19 weeks. How will I live with an Aries? I'm a Pieces.

Should i try ground chicken raw? The type people buy in the supermarket to make Turkey and chicken burgers?

I try Well ness - The Big Brothers hate it. The big ones eat Fancy feast- I'm not committed to any one food. Fatty seems like he likes - dare I say it...dry!!
[notify]

Luna

Don't ignore me!

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '07 2:39pm PST 
Try any other high grade food but. Stay clear of fancy feast.

cathealthnurse.blogspot.com
[notify]

Miles

Eat first, taste- later

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '07 6:50pm PST 
what's wrong with fancy feast? i know it's not top quality, but what's wrong with it? I looked at the page you linked and I can't find anything about fancy feast. it's not on the recall list.
[notify]

Simba

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 1:43am PST 
Just because Fancy Feast wasn't recalled doesn't mean anything more than no melamine, etc was found in it. Fancy Feast isn't the greatest food around, for any number of reasons. For instance, it uses things like meat by-products, wheat gluten, various grains in general, and uses god knows what preservatives. All of which aren't good for a cat's health. frown

So, I would steer clear of Fancy Feast. In fact, I would steer clear of anything you can find in a supermarket--they usually just stock the cheapest and worst brands. Better to get stuff at a pet store or online. If your cats don't like Wellness (and I sympathize--I don't like the dry Wellness myself, although sometimes I will eat the wet) there are lots of other brands available.

Edited by author Thu Aug 9, '07 1:45am PST

[notify]

Natasha

i wanna explore - let me out!

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 6:37am PST 
Fancy Feast is low grade meat and has been known to give cats the runs. I tell all my adopters to stay away from it. Tell your friend to try TikiCat - they have lots of nice flavors like fancy feats has but is very healthy and even the finickiest cats like Natasha LOVE it!
[notify]

Luna

Don't ignore me!

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 6:54am PST 
Poultry broth is no good because it’s vague, vague is never good. Wheat gluten is worse. Meat by-products are bad for2 reason (it doesn’t list what animal it comes from and by-products are beaks, eyeballs, and feet). Salt shouldn’t be added. Color shouldn’t be added either - I have yet to meet a cat who cared what color his food was. Soy protein concentrate is bad too.

So Fancy Feast added spinach to their line of foods and they think they’re doing the world a favor. I can’t stand Purina!

They have the power to feed so many animals yet they feed animals literal garbage. I can’t believe it’s legal.

Just because it was not on the recall list does not mean it is a good choice of food. With so many other choices, why even mess with it?
The link I have on here is my personal website it was not a link to food.

cathealthnurse.blogspot.com

Edited by author Thu Aug 9, '07 6:56am PST

[notify]

Miles

Eat first, taste- later

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 10:42am PST 
Man, I'm totally bummed. Mom and dad go to our local Petco to buy our food and from what mom's been reading she thinks Fancy Feast is the best they got. As far as canned food, they stock Iams, Science Diet, Eukenuba, Solid Gold & Fancy Feast. Mom knows to stay away from wheat gluten and there is actually 3 different flavors that don't have wheat gluten. So she thought she wasn't doing all that bad. Now she'll have to search the web for something better that we can afford. Natasha, thanks for recommending Tikicat. We're going to check it out.
[notify]

Sparky

One lucky- cat/Best cat in- the world

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 6:04pm PST 
shrugshrugshrug Wow
[notify]

Oscar

i ♥ cat- naps

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '07 4:18pm PST 
we like the wellness grain free canned, the nature's variety instinct canned (also grain free-we really dig the duck and venison so far), and innova evo canned. we get innova evo kibble and tried orijen kibble but didn't really like it. next time mom goes to the store she might buy us some premade raw to supplement for a meal or two a week.

i know what you mean about the fancy feast. before mom knew better we used to get it every day for one meal. we would fill up the litterbox a lot faster and it was a lot stinkier.
[notify]

Rajah

Eat, eat, eat,- play, sleep

Purred: Wed Aug 15, '07 11:31am PST 
Hi Fatty:
Fancy Feast will definitely help you keep your name. LOL. I was eating Iams and was quite healthy, but I was bored with my food and so for a switch I started on Fancy Feast which I loved. Unfortunately I gained three pounds. Then in the scare months I tried the raw food diet -- raw ground chicken with the Instincts supplement. I absolutely loved it--craved it, really enjoyed it. I lost a bit of weight and ate less. My coat got shiny and I felt better. But then I started eating in my normal fatty fashion. I am now back on Iams including the fat cat dry food option and I've lost 2 pounds already. Any way, my comment is that any of these food options are good. With the raw food you must have the supplement and the Instincts went over well--my vet had concerns about ptomaine but we did not have any problems. Fancy Feast is so tasty that I eat too much and get fat on it. I recommend staying off of it. smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2