GO!

Raw Kittens?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

KarmaSutra

Scratch RIGHT- here!!!

Purred: Sun Jun 24, '07 12:19am PST 
How early can you start a cat on raw? All of us have been past kittenhood when we switched to raw. Mawu was the youngest at 9-10 months old. Are there certain things kittens need more of than adult kitties?
Thanks,
Karma and the kitty Krew
[notify]

Finnigan and Cannoli

Purred: Sun Jun 24, '07 1:16pm PST 
I know kittens need more protein than adult cats....
[notify]

Angel

Angel- Fuffybottom

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '07 2:41pm PST 
I eat a premade raw that meets AAFCO regulations. They say to feed up to 2 times more for lactating females and kittens.kitty
[notify]

Buddy

Mrow! I love- food!

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 3:41pm PST 
kittens can be weaned right from mumma's milk onto raw. It's never TOO soon, so long as they're ready to wean smile
[notify]

Simba

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '07 4:44pm PST 
Ginger is about 5 months old and already on a half raw diet. Some people wean straight from milk to raw, it's really never too soon. Just follow the regular guidelines as adults. Be sure to include bone, meat and organs, and you've got yourself an all life stage food!
[notify]

Pooka

Do the Pooka- Polka!

Purred: Mon Jul 30, '07 7:47pm PST 
I started at 6 weeks, the day I came home!
[notify]