GO!

Am I a Ragdoll? Opinions appreciated...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zoey

Purred: Mon Mar 19, '07 11:48am PST 
I came from a cat rescue group, and am not certain what kind of cat I am, if any specific breed. I've seen some photos of lynx point ragdolls, and think I look like them.

Anyone with some knowledge, please take a look at my pics and tell me what you think. I'm certainly a Queen in my house, and would like the "breeding" to justify my behavior.

Thanks and winks, Zoey
[notify]

Tucker

I'm the baby

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '07 1:45pm PST 
Hi ZOEY SORRY ABOUT ALL THE CAP"S MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK laugh out loud YOU ARE VERY PRETTY BTW smile
I THINK THAT YOUR COLORING IS THE SAME AS MY FRIEND LEAH SO THAT MAKES YOU TORBIE BI_COLOR wink
I"M NOT SURE IF YOU"RE FULL RAGGIE eight lbs is a little on the small side but you sure look like a raggie big grin
maybe someone will come along with more experience< i"m mom"s first raggie smile
[notify]

Leah- (Leather &- Lace)

I only have time- to play!

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '07 5:22pm PST 
WOW! My older sister??!!! Zoey, I think you are the same as me! Which of course is gorgeous (giggles and snickers) I am a blue cream torbie bicolor and I think you are the same! My colors have not come in fully yet, and won't for quite some time. Do you know if you were all white when you were born? Raggies are, everytime. The torbi btw, means tortie, with lynx markings which you definitely have. I am 99.99% certain you are a ragdoll, and that I am going to look very much like you when I grow up! (I sure hope so!)

purrrrrrrrrs and bonks from Leah (your little sister) MOL

ps. Being a shelter cat might explain for the low weight, are you on the bigboned side? You're paws sure look big! I bet you will fill out even more now that you are in your forever home!

Edited by author Tue Mar 20, '07 5:25pm PST

[notify]

Lily- (Tiger-Lily- Brianne)

Brat Attack!

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '07 5:28pm PST 
HI Zoey and welcome to the wonderful world of the raggies! We are a wonderful sweet breed, with not much bothering us! I too, am Queen of my house, though my sister Smokey is really the BOSS.

I love your lynx markings..you are truly a gorgeous cat! I do not think you are a siamese at all..your fur is too full and fluffy, and himalayans have more of a kinda squishy face. If I were you I would venture in and change your bio to read RAGDOLL! Yeah! MOL!

purrrrrrrrrrrs from Lily
[notify]

Zoey

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '07 9:45pm PST 
Thanks for the answers everyone! I know it doesn't matter if I'm a Ragdoll or a mixed breed or a "mutt", my mom loves me anyway. Now, no matter what my breed, I have a whole bunch more kitty friends. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

I didn't know that Ragdolls were all white as babies... how cute! I don't know how I looked then, I lived with an older woman who was very gentle with me. It was pretty quiet there too. She died, and I was sad, but it got worse when I went to live with her family with small children. They didn't know how to pet me the way I liked to be petted and they were just too rough! Now I live with my mom and brother (Koby) and sister Fifi (she's a total brat!). I totally rule them and NO ONE messes with me! Yes, I only weigh about 8-9 pounds but I push Koby around even though he weighs 18 pounds! He's a big boy but I'm not afraid of him because he's a big BABY! I'm much happier here, and no one touches me hard at all.

My mom tells me that my personality is not the purrrrrr-sonality of a Ragdoll... easygoing... I'm more "intense" and demanding... also, I have an angry streak and can get aggressive. I'm getting better though, and now only bite once in a while, and even then not very hard. It's hard to remember that no one hurts me here, but I'm trying to forget and not overreact.

Anyway, I think I'll get mom to change my information to put me into the Ragdoll catagory... I just like the way you cats roll!

Love ya! ~Z
[notify]

Fiona

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '07 9:52pm PST 
Diva! I cannot believe you said I was a brat! I'm so much fun and cuteness, you must be thinking of someone else!

~Your loving sister, Fifi.

>^..^
[notify]

Kobalt

I'm big boned!

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '07 9:53pm PST 
Big Baby?!?!?

Don't you think mama reads this site to everyone?

I'll get you back when you least expect it...

Watch out! ~Kobe
[notify]

Justin

I see you!

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '07 1:31pm PST 
I am a ragdoll too! The way you can tell is if it has its blue eyes for its whole life. They also dont shed a lot(they shed a little bit). My brother Budulie, is a mix of ragdoll but you are very pretty, Zoey!
[notify]

Nikko

I like kisses!

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '07 3:55pm PST 
Zoey, thank you for the pmail! We do look a bit alike. I am a blue lynx point ragdoll and I think you are a ragdoll or at lease part ragdoll. Either way, you are lovely!
Not all ragdolls are easy going. I am kind of a nervous fellow, but my ragdoll brother Scooter is easy going. We are both really active, though.
I see you made friends with Lily and Fancy Pants (Leah). Lily is my sweetie! You do look a bit like little Leah.
I am sending a friend request.
[notify]

Zoey

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '07 7:47pm PST 
Nikko, thanks for adding us as a friend! I'm getting so many new friends! Nikko, you're very handsome, sounds like you're taken though? If not, I'd like to be your girlfriend!

~Meow~

Ciao!

Z
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2