GO!

Adoption Center SOS Pepperell, MA

This is the place to talk about anything and everything cat-related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their cats out gather here to share info on local cat-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other cat owners in your area! Check out Catster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

tigger

i am the big- tigger!!

Purred: Thu Apr 17, '08 8:10am PST 
(by the by, mommy says to mention that pepperell is in massachusetts, near to nashua, nh, where we live)

"Pass it on... even if we just save one by passing it on.....

Kitty SOS!

Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:05 PM
Subject: FW: 150 cats need homes ASAP

Due to the owner's unexpected/untimely death a cat
shelter in Pepperell is being closed by the state and 150 cats will have to be put down. The daughter doesn't have a license to run the shelter. So in the next week or 2 all these cats will be euthanized. If anyone you know can take one that would be great, but pass this along to anyone just to get it out there.
Maybe a friend of a friend of a friend would take one in.? It's on Sheffield St in Pepperell, 30 min. from Acton .

The # is 978-433-0404.

If there is anyone that is interested in adopting /
assisting with finding homes for these cats please
contact me or the number below ASAP or forward this email to a friend...please help!"
[notify]

Maxwell

All you need is- love

Purred: Fri Apr 18, '08 5:57am PST 
bump
[notify]

Uncle Odinn

Maktig Odinn. - Skog Viking!!!

Purred: Fri Apr 18, '08 10:05am PST 
bump
[notify]

Purred: Sat Apr 19, '08 4:40am PST 
am absolutely flabbergasted that this continues to make the rounds.

The shelter is NOT closing. My oldest daughter has been a volunteer there for the past 11 years (and a very close friend of the founder, who passed away last month). All the volunteers are still working there and the state is helping with a illness issue with some of the cats, but NO healthy cats are being euthanized. It is the shelter's goal to continue to adopt cats out, was founded as a no-kill shelter and will continue to be a no-kill shelter. The only cats that were euthanized were some very ill FIV or FELv positive cats that were on their last legs (only 6).

The "daughter" actually gets a kick out of the "daughter" bit. This is the current president of the shelter, and the founder's best friend. She is in her late 50s! Feel free to spread the word that it IS NOT CLOSING!! Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Thanks ! kathrynclow@gmail.com "
[notify]