GO!

Samhain

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Wed Oct 29, '08 11:55am PST 
okay, i guess i just start it. you know who you are, those who EEK out meaning in the shape of ejecta on a tokyo subway, want to send a banana through the mail, and dare to discuss politics and religion and laugh about it...here's where we're gonna have the Samhain Fire Festival. come one, come all...come someone. and if i'm right, Samhain is on Halloween, but November 1 is Celtic New Year so party on...i guess....shrug (i'll set up some links to some relevant facts and images, by the 31st it should be moderately interesting....)
[notify]

rhymon- pearle- hedges-come- home

i demand a- shrubbery!!!

Purred: Fri Oct 31, '08 12:45pm PST 
if any of you are lurking, come out, come out wherever you are! it will soon be time for the rite for the animals (that's us!) but before that, let's chat!
[notify]

churrah-has- left the- building.

senior citizen- ninja- kitty-mousies- MINE!

Purred: Fri Oct 31, '08 4:30pm PST 
the animals in your home are served first tonight...and if you have scraps to offer the wild animals, this is the night for it. having made a stew of many different animal meats is unnecessary, but it's part of the ceremony-we thank them for giving their lives that we may eat, and we honor the animals who share their lives and their love with us by serving them first. if any of you actually start showing up, i'll read the actual blessing.

but we're a touch early still, probably.
[notify]

new horizon- feral- squadron

homeless, except- in my heart...

Purred: Fri Oct 31, '08 4:40pm PST 
the veil between the worlds is thinnest in these hours before the Old Year is put to bed and the New begins. speak to your past, speak to those you've lost...examine your regrets and your losses and fold them away or set them free on the autumn wind. the season of rest comes, the time of gathering energies and gathering loved ones. examine what was so you can cherish what is. appreciate what the past gave you in all its fullness. honor those who came before. now is the time when the veil is thinnest between the worlds, and such things can be resolved, cleansed.
[notify]

rhymon- pearle- hedges-come- home

i demand a- shrubbery!!!

Purred: Sat Nov 1, '08 4:29pm PST 
kitten bump, to help you find your way to the festival...and for all of you star trek fans: FESTIVAL! FESTIVAL! FESTIVAL!
[notify]

the kaya- skye &- shyloh paige

mutant twincats- of michigan

Purred: Sat Nov 1, '08 4:32pm PST 
partypartyHAPPY NEW YEAR!!!partyparty

*the mutant twincats carefully begin lighting candles for the fire festival...it's a fire festival, after all-mind your tails & whiskers*
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Sat Nov 1, '08 5:00pm PST 
Does feeding the birds and squirrels and rabbits count? "Course, we do that every day, but the squirrels and rabbit come when we call them.

kaya skye

Purred: Sat Nov 1, '08 5:24pm PST 
yes, athena! feeding the squirrels and the rabbits counts! and the birds and whoever else is hungry!
i'll post the blessing for the animals here in a bit...i'll have to duck out for a bit and get it...i fed our mystic michigan kitty krewe first tonight, and i'll show you what i read to them in just a sec...kitty
[notify]

kaya skye

Purred: Sat Nov 1, '08 5:33pm PST 
this is the rite for the animals. i put the actions in parentheses, the words to read, well, they're not in parentheses.

(Place the stew pot in the center of the table, with a large serving spoon or ladle. Make sure you have some good dark bread to eat as well. Each member of the family should have a bowl and spoon handy. Saysmile

Samhain has come, and it is the end of the Harvest.
The crops are in from the fields,
And the animals are preparing for the coming winter.
Tonight, we honor the animals in our lives.
Some have died that we may eat.
Some have provided us with love.
Some have protected us from that which would do us harm.
Tonight, we thank them all.

(Go around the family in a circle. Each person should take a scoop of stew from the pot and place it in their bowl. Younger children may need an adult's help with this. As each person gets their helping, saysmile

Blessed are the animals,
Those who die that we may eat.
Blessed are the animals,
Those we love and who love us in return.

(When every family member has their stew, each takes a piece of bread. As they do, saysmile

As the Wheel of the Year continues to turn,
The harvest has ended, and the grain has been threshed.
The animals sleep for the winter.
We thank them for their gifts

(technically you're supposed to make a stew of all kinds of different animals, just a little bit of each sort...rabbit, deer, cow, sheep, etc., and thank each one. if you're a vegetarian, make a vegetarian stew. we actually ate bratwurst, it had more than one kind of animal in itshrug...you can also share some of the stew with your pets, but check the ingredients first. no onion powder or whatever for the kitties, etc.)
[notify]

the kaya- skye &- shyloh paige

mutant twincats- of michigan

Purred: Sat Nov 1, '08 6:11pm PST 
i'm grateful to have known the mutant twins for the first year of their amazing lives. i'm also grateful that all 3 of us humans and all 4 of the mystic michigan kitty krewe are alive and well after our decidedly UNSCHEDULED fire of oct. 20. so a scheduled fire festival of gratitude...seems highly appropriate under the circumstances.
anyone else? blessed be, and i'll be back.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3