GO!

Human Relations--HowYour People Talk

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Thu May 26, '05 7:51pm PST 
Hey All! Our cat mother has this thing that the human types should engage us in "intelligent conversation." Sometimes we (me and Jacques) think this means she is talking to herself. But sometimes she calls us together and asks our opinion or tells us a problem. Do your human people do this? If there is going to be a new Big Rule she calls a meeting. What do you think?
[notify]

Bailey

Miss Bailey,- Attorney at Law

Purred: Thu May 26, '05 11:38pm PST 
Mom says that animals are the best therapists on earth. She tries to talk to me, but I'm not a very good listener... I guess it is hard for the humans to talk when you are rubbing yourself all over their faces! So, instead she talks to the dog all the time. That's fine with me... I have plenty of my own kitty problems to worry about, I don't need mom's problems on top of mine......hehehehe.
[notify]

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Sat May 28, '05 5:10pm PST 
ha ha! My human went to school near an ag school and used to talk to the pigs when she felt blue. They certainly put things into perspective, she says! I like when she talks to me, even f she's just rattling on about something.
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Mon May 30, '05 5:44pm PST 
I'm sure everyone has watched the Pet Psychic. I'm sure all humans have the ability--they're just on the wrong level in their mind. People think in terms of the written word whereas animals think of visions. Mom's been doing a little experiment. We have squirrels coming to our house because Mom throws a cracker out the window to each of them as they come. Sometimes the cracker falls in a flower or somewhere the squirrel doesn't see it. Mom concentrates on the cracker, just staring at it, then looks at the squirrel. When the squirrel moves, Mom looks at the squirrel, then the cracker, still concentrating very hard on the cracker. The squirrel will go toward the cracker and find it. If there is any animal that people will ever be able to "talk" to it will be us cats, because I think we have a larger vocalization repertoire than any other animal. (Well, maybe dolphins.)

Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Mon May 30, '05 8:54pm PST 
Yes, Athena...you are more on point. I am all over the forum with this -- check what Vieno has to say re Cat Theater. "Talk" is a poor choice of words for cat communication, but I said it that way (poorly) because humans rely on words, as you said. Aragorn told me on "Books" that you had written, and I'm so glad. I think we are all on the same wavelength. Ahh, but it's fun anyway, no?
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Tue May 31, '05 5:48pm PST 
Yes, it is fun! I don't think us cats would hang around people if they didn't entertain and amuse us. Of course, all their loving helps, too!

Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Wed Jun 1, '05 12:17am PST 
Thank you, Athena, you just made me remember something! There is this book called "A Cat is Watching You" and it tries to explain to humans how cats function biologically -- like we hear better, how we see, all the same old -- but what's cute is that it says that there is no possible reason for cats to stick around with humans, except for what you said: humans are interesting to watch! (And yeah, the food and lovey part...) Makes sense. Also the "communication" part--humans are just beginning to understand the five senses and they know that cats have more kinda sub-senses, and the possibilities of the presence of or interaction in cat senses are unknown. So why would it not be possible for an especially sensitive human to communicate with a cat on one of the cat's sensory levels...

Poo. I said I would get off this before I am kicked off catster...
[notify]

Diego

Handsome Boy!

Purred: Thu Jun 2, '05 4:47pm PST 
mommy does exactly the same as your mommy. she says that animals pick up your moods, just like babies do. if your happy, they are happy ect
[notify]

Joey

A.K.A Mr. Man

Purred: Thu Jun 2, '05 9:02pm PST 
My mommies always talk to us, even if it is just saying "we will be right back, guys", or asking us about our feelings on new things. I really appreciate that, so I know they are going to come home. When they aren't feeling well, or are depressed, I know they need extra attention and I will give it to them. They do the same for me, one time I got my mouth stuck in my collar and almost choked. I jumped on my mommy and she woke right up (she is a heavy sleeper) and saved me. They can understand me, but Toby, man he doesn't know what is going on in his own head most of the time, so how could they. I would love to hear more about this... thanks guys
[notify]

Lexus

High places are- good!

Purred: Thu Jun 2, '05 9:25pm PST 
When we had only been living with our human mom and dad for 1 month, the human brother left us and took his family clear across the country. After a few hours, mom sat down on the stairs and cried. I came up behind her and put my paw on her shoulder. I knew she was hurting and wanted her to be okay. Now adays, she talks to us in different ways. Sometimes she trys imitating us. She is so silly. But we know she loves us.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]