GO!

Any/All Information Appreciated :-)

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Crazee

Purred: Fri Dec 24, '10 11:04pm PST 
Aloha, I have always considered myself a dog kinda girl, until now. I rescued/adopted 3 kittens. Ive had the first one since July and the other 2 late August. My question is for the siblings. Im curious to know what kind of breeds they might have, if they need certain/special care with health, grooming etc. They are both white with really light blue eyes, the male has drk brown markings and the female has silver? markings. I have been watching animal planets cat 101 religiously. I have fallen in love with my babies and want them to have a healthy, fun and safe life. So any and all info is greatly appreciated. Btw this is the first time i've ever had a feline as a companion.
Oh Im making everyones profile at this moment...

Mahalo(thank u)
Darz
[notify]

Lola

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 1:18am PST 
I don't know much about colorpoint cats, but your kitties look like Ragdolls to me. I would say Ragdoll mixes, but they don't really look like mixes (I'm not really familiar with what a Ragdoll mix would look like, though). Expect the darker areas of their fur to get darker as they grow older. Enjoy!
[notify]

Honey Boi- (fat-fat)

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 3:26am PST 
Mahalo Leila... im gonna get on the internet and do some research about the Ragdoll breedsmile It sounds about right, As babies 2 of them were pure white with blue eyes. Honey Boi's markings are more obvious then Crazee's. All of a sudden he has a mask on his face, brown ears and tail as for Crazee's markings I can't figure out what color it actually issmile Right now Im like a sponge soaking up information.
[notify]

Lola

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 4:12am PST 
There are various types of Ragdoll markings. The one I see the most often has a triangle of white over the nose, and shaded areas over the eyes. Another type has a darker area in the center of the face. Ragdolls are said to be very nice cats. They're big--in the Maine Coon range. I show my Maine Coons in cat shows, and there's a gorgeous Ragdoll who's always in the same ring. Makes me want to get a Ragdoll, but I've got too many cats as is. Have fun looking stuff up!
[notify]

Crazee

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 5:06am PST 
Honey boi is beginning to have an upside down triangle, its white and above his nose... He's also bigger/heavier than BooBoo who is about 1-2 months older(1st cat i rescued)
[notify]

Rocky

RIP old buddy

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 7:31am PST 
To me they look more like Snowshoes; many cats with a Siamese in the woodpile" end up looking this way. Ragdoll mixes wouyld have longer hair, I think. TICA recognizes Snowshoes, CFA does not, they basically came about as Siamese breeders wanted to register cats disqualified as Siamese for white markings, I think is the story. I was a Snowshoe, but didn't get the white on the face. Meowma likes us because we still have the "apple head" of the old timey Siamese, and are not as long and lanky. Actually, I don't see any white on Crazee, so she looks more like a Lynx Point Siamese (old type) It's my personal opinion that we see so many Siamese marked cats because when Siamese were super popular in the 60's and 70's, it wasn't that common for anyone but a breeder to keep cats 100% indoor, and it wasn't very common to spay and neuter either. The body color will get darker as they age, so the dark brown pointed may end up sort of like me, while the gray point will be more silver with darker points and darker stripes within the dark points(ears, face, and tail )and possibly cool looking 'darker than the body but not as dark as the face" stripes on the main body also. I hope that made sense..Meowma thinks you are all adorable, anyway!

Edited by author Sat Dec 25, '10 7:35am PST

[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 7:37am PST 
Oh, ho, another BooBoo! Welcome to the wonderful world of kitties! Raise these babies right and you will see that kitties can be just as great as doggies, only different! And don't worry, Catster is full of great info (and some not so, always consider several opinions when you haVE questions!)
Oh, and Meowma says Hawaii is one of the few states she's never been to, so enjoys the "mahalo", "aloha" and such...

Edited by author Sat Dec 25, '10 7:40am PST

[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 2:29pm PST 
Be sure to check the Ragdoll breed right here on Catster.
Click the "Breeds" button to see info and all the Ragdoll and Ragdoll mixes on Catster.

Lola

Purred: Sat Dec 25, '10 4:29pm PST 
Ya know, Rocky, I think you may be right. In fact, I'm almost sure of it. My only excuse is that I show with the CFA and not TICA, and have never seen a real live Snowshoe, and the only Siamese I see are the ultra-thin alien-looking types. I suppose that my other excuse is that I mostly only see adult cats; I know what a Maine Coon kitten looks like (duh), but some other kittens throw me. As for fur length, RDs have medium length fur, so they would not necessarily be long-furred as kittens, although in the pictures I saw, the kittens were all fuzzy. After Googling both breeds and looking at lots of pictures, Snowshoe or Siamese mix seems right, although the cats seem to be either purebred or first-generation mixes (my guess). These kitties have triangular heads and large ears; RD heads are rounder, and the ears are much smaller. Those are Siamese heads and ears. Now, the question is, how did mama cat end up pregnant and on the street? Rocky's explanation is a good one that I've often espoused myself, but these cats don't look like they had a Siamese ancestor half a century ago. Could they be the result of a slightly sleazy old-style Siamese breeder who sold intact cats? A cat who escaped the cattery? Did the Momcat have brown feet? If so, she may have been a Snowshoe abandoned by a sleazy breeder or kitten mill because of that...although I'm not sure about the genetics of the white feet: maybe a brown-footed cat can give birth to white-footed ones (just as Scottish Folds with erect ears can produce ones with folded ears). In any event, if your cats grow up chatty, they're probably some variety of Siamese, and if they grow up with medium-length fur, they could be Ragdolls. But I go with the Siamese/Snowshoe theory for now.
[notify]

BooBoo

Purred: Mon Dec 27, '10 8:58am PST 
Thanx everyone we appreciate all the info. Ive been doing some research on snowshoe & RD for the past days and am officially/totally CONFUSED...hahaha.. This is what i know about their mom: Her fur was long/fluffy(when i saw her she had dreadlocks), dark blue eyes, cream colored with drk brown/chocolate markings & cream colored paws. She did look like a purebreed but i could tell she was on the streets for awhile. Crazee is very stand-offish, very independant, extremely active and not vocal. when she meows i can hardly hear her and it sounds like a squeak. Honey boi is the total opposite, he's like a little puppy, follows me everywhere. I have to let him in while I take a shower if i dont, he'll stay by the door and practically scream. His meows got so loud my neighbors rushed over thinking something was wrong. He needs/wants constant attention and sleeps on my head or in my hair(whichever he can get away with). All 3 of them has been an absolute JOY for me. Ive had/raised Rotts to Poms but these 3 have got me stumped. I think im lettin them get away with things i shouldnt(and they know it) smile Another ?, when are they old enough to get spayed/neutered?
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2