GO!

Crazy Cat Lady Defined

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 55)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Fri Feb 5, '10 9:54pm PST 
and behold a human shall conceive a feline? how exactly are you working on your second? is there a DIY kit?thinking
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sat Feb 6, '10 1:38am PST 
Well, if there are bobcat crosses, why not crosses with humans?
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sun Feb 7, '10 5:25pm PST 
...and i'm writing a science fiction series that also says "why not"?...while my rational self is aware that without a great deal of genetic engineering, that's not happening. (hint: bobcats and domestic cats are both felids...taxonomically cats and humans are both mammalia, after that they diverge. lynx rufus does not diverge until genus...and once was considered to be of the same genus...as felis catus.
again, lynx rufus/bobcat inhabits a weird little subspecies of a niche. they are interfertile with the larger members of the lynx genus-and were even when they were considered to be felis rufus. now that they are lynx rufus they are no less likely to be interfertile with felis catus than they were to be interfertile with the other lynx when they were felis rufus.
make sense?
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 7, '10 10:55pm PST 
Ahh, breed them with humans anyway...
wink
[notify]

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Wed Mar 24, '10 3:45pm PST 
That calculation makes no sense because I would think that people who are older (seniors) would be more likely to have trouble caring for a larger number of animals, so I think it should be opposite-- the younger and more active you are, the more cats you can have! wink
[notify]

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 55)  
1  2  3  4  5  6