GO!

Has any cat watched Lord of the Rings lately?

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Sat Mar 14, '09 11:23am PST 
We are in the middle of watching the extended version of LOTR....(our meouwmy has to watch it as her granddaughter wants to know what she thinks of the extended version....so we are watching it too.......)

Colin feels obliged to be Aragorn....as he is the major hero and Colin HAS TO BE THE HERO.......

Grandad Conrad is Theodon......very middle aged beautiful and heroic....

Tambolina (me) is, of course, Eowyn........who else? (as Arwen Evenstar is so puddingy).......

And Auntie Miss Lillie is....is......is.....Oh, I don't know, probably the Director.........(did you see the little bit they put in about the Women's Institute?)!!!!

Who are you in the film and why?

Love you

Tambi
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Sun Mar 15, '09 6:42am PST 
legolas, because i, tiny, is the prettyes most gracefull cat ever.
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Sun Mar 15, '09 9:37am PST 
Miss Tiny Burr Burr.........I find Legolas a very manly cat except for his mouth......it is a ladycat's mouth....soft and gentle.........

We are now going to watch the next bit.......what we want to get to is where Theodon (Grandad Conrad) shows the people in Helm's Deep HOW TO MARMITE-TWIRL in order to frighten off all the Orcs and Wild Men.........No.....I'm lying.....that isn't in the film.....but Grandad Conrad sat on me and said he would squash me if I didn't say that.....Ho Hum....who would have a Grandad like mine?

Tambolina
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Sun Mar 15, '09 1:45pm PST 
All three movies came on DirecTV two weekends ago! All in a row! Mom and dad were off work and mom was changing channels and The Fellowship of the Rings was on. Mom said she hadn't seen it in a while, so she watched it. She watched some of the other two, but not all. The movies were on all day and the Return of the King was on until after 10 pm that night! My mom works with my sister, Pippin's mom and she watched some of the movies too. Mom's boss was watching the first two until he had to go to work. He said he was mad he couldn't finish watching them and had to go to work! mol
Mom and dad had the extended versions a few years ago and they watched all of them in a row. Now dad's waiting for the movies to come out on Blu Ray.

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Sun Mar 15, '09 8:01pm PST 
We watched the movies, off and on, the other day, Gimli. Wish they wouldn't show them only once, but keep them repeating for 24 hours, maybe over a whole weekend. Like the extended verson, especially in "Fellowship" because it goes more into detail when the fellowship visits the elves and receive gifts from Galadriel. (Does everyone know that Galadriel is Elrond's mother-in-law?)

Edited by author Sun Mar 15, '09 8:02pm PST

Marzipan

The sweetest- little brat :)

Purred: Sun Mar 15, '09 8:05pm PST 
I haven't watched them recently, but I love the movies (even though they aren't entirely true to the books--of course, each would have to be several hours longer to be completely by the book).

I bought all 3 movies on Ebay my freshman year of college. Upon receiving the package, I found that they were bootleg copies. The DVDs and packaging all looked legit on the website and in person --until you turned the back over and started reading --it talks about Danny the trumpet player and other things that have nothing to do with LOTR. MOL
Lesson: Be careful with Ebay, kitties!
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Mon Mar 16, '09 8:11pm PST 
No, we didn't know that, Aragorn! Mom's gonna ask dad if he knew that.

Aww, that stinks Marzipan!