GO!

eating pets = eating cows??

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 57)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:22am PST 
Hey, my entire cat family consists of lunatics, and we enjoy it!
laugh out loud
[notify]

FOREST

PLAY PLAY PLAY

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 1:49pm PST 
Zaphod,

Je fais très bien aussi.smile

Harvey,

Nous l' apprécier votre connerier (spelt wrong) ici. way to go

Translated,

Zaphod,
I'm doing well to thank you smile

Harvey,
We like your sillyness hereway to go

Edited by author Sat Feb 14, '09 1:50pm PST

[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 5:34pm PST 
Hey, guys, the steg's on the barby--any takers?
big grin
[notify]

In Loving- Memory of- Malik

The Scaredy Cat

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 8:32pm PST 
PeTA stretches the truth.

I know that factory farm animals do suffer. I won't deny that.

However, PeTA has been known to lash against private owned farmers. Which I think is messed up. Most private farm owners actually treat their animals with a lot of respect.

I'd know since my grandparents own a farm. They even name their animals. And they do get upset when they have to slaughter one or send one off to be slaughtered. And, they get even more upset if they die of natural causes.

I take most of what PeTA says with a grain of salt.

I realize I'm all late.. but I haven't been on since I last posted. laugh out loud

Edited by author Fri Feb 20, '09 8:33pm PST

[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sat Feb 21, '09 1:26pm PST 
PETA is generally sort of crazed. They give you "food" for thought, but their general outlook is sort of fascist. I mean, they don't even approve of keeping animals as pets, right? As if Mr. Cat or Ms. Dog could go out and get a job and an apartment and support themselves...or all animals should roam wild in feral packs.
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sat Feb 21, '09 1:58pm PST 
PETA mystifies me. they think people can learn to respect and value other animals by totally distancing themselves from them. while it is possible in some cases for familiarity to breed contempt, absence does NOT make the heart grow fonder.
i think it is only by making animals MORE a part of daily lives that people's attitudes toward some practices will change. the person who grew up feeding and caring for chickens is more likely to be revolted by how chickens are raised in factories rather than less. a person who lives with and loves cats and dogs is more likely to care when they are abused rather than less. PETA has highlighted some atrocities, but i distrust their very premise.
[notify]

FOREST

PLAY PLAY PLAY

Purred: Sun Feb 22, '09 5:36am PST 
In our house PETA is a four letter word that we try to avoid at all cost.
[notify]

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 57)  
1  2  3  4  5  6