GO!

Fake Cats? Huh?

(Page 6 of 811: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]  
Isabella

They call me- Miss- Independent!

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '08 1:09pm PST 
I thinks that's part of the problem. When you give this cat, a reason to keep coming back, then all of a sudden more cats join in. The best course of action is to just ignore it.
As a matter of fact, one of my sisfurs just got a pmail today, and well, it just doesn't seem right. We just don't respond.
And Cleo is right, there have been some very serious issues with one certain group. Very sad. cry
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '08 5:16pm PST 
I am real, but my crown is fake (cheapskate Meowmy).
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '08 5:50pm PST 
Oh, Harvey, you're crown may be fake, but you are 100% fur real gorgeous! happy dance

I'm sorry to hear that someone has abused a group in Catster. My experience has been that everyone here is kind, helpful and supportive. It's the place to go if you have a question, a 'gripe" or need a shoulder. way to go
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '08 6:19pm PST 
Thanks, Izzie. You're a pretty handsome fella yourself! And always there with good advice for everyone! dancing
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '08 7:58pm PST 
Oooooooo, there are some deep thinkers in this thread . . . very educational and enjoyable. applause

But on the subject of what you can do about fake cats on Catster:

If it is an offending post, click on the notify button. Nothing will change in the thread but a copy of the offending post will be sent to the Administrative Bin where the Catster moderators will look at it and make a decision. If it is something simple, like removing a few offending words or phrases, a moderator will edit and repost. If the moderators feel they need additional discussion on the posted topic, HQ is brought into the picture to make a judgment.

If you happen upon a cat's page that looks fake, again, you can click on the notify button. Again, nothing changes on the cat's page but your notification will go to HQ where someone will take a look at the page to confirm if the cat is fake. Also, if on a cat's page there are offending words, pictures, etc., click on the notify button and state your reasons so HQ knows what to look for. Depending on how busy HQ is, it sometimes takes a week to check things out. If after that time the offender hasn't been edited/removed, you can pmail a Catster moderator who will either tell you what the holdup is or check into where HQ is in their investigations.

Catster moderator families are Beatrice
Bruce and myself.

Don't ever hesitate to contact any of us . . . that's why we're here . . . to keep Catster fun and friendly. happy dance

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '08 8:29pm PST 
Ah, Harvey,

you're a bigger cat than I'll ever be. I am a pretty laid back guy, but try to put anything on me, and I will be fighting like mad. confused
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '08 3:51am PST 
Hey, Boris, I LIKE you! Anyone with a toilet-paper fetish and a philosophy scholar as their Human is MY kind of guy! Anyway, the only cat I ever hit is my sister Chibi (although I have been known to hiss). But no hisses to YOU, Boris! Peace! big grin (Besides which, if I try to fight anybody, this stupid crown is going to fall off!)
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '08 10:31am PST 
Many thanks to Beatrice, Bruce and Athena for their kind compliments on the topic I started about fake cats. As a basically trusting person, I couldn't believe someone would actually have so much time on their hands they would deliberately start trouble on any Catster Board or Forum. I've heard of this happening on all those "human" boards, but couldn't believe it about Catster. I try very hard in my posts in answers and on the boards to be kind, understanding and helpful. It's a shame that there are people around who have to ruin it for everyone. But, it's a good thing that someone like the moderators are watching out.

Harvey, you look so dashing in your crown. Unfortunately, I can't put anything, even collars on Delilah, Ernie or Izzie. And, being admired by Boris is really something, considering that in his profile pic he is defying gravity!

I'd like to remind everyone and ask them to please continue to keep Newmen and his family in your prayers and thoughts. He was hit by a car late last week and the last pmail from his mom wasn't hopeful. Thanks, guys.hug
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Apr 15, '08 7:48am PST 
Boris, my man--I just realized that I misread your post to mean that you'd fight ME if I tried to "put anything over" on you. Now I realize you were actually praising me for my allowing my Human to humiliate me with this stupid crown! You must have been rather puzzled by my answer. All I can say is that my English skills are really going to seed. That's what happens when you're living in a multi-lingual family--you end up speaking a little bit of everything, but not well. Let's see, Meowmy speaks English and Japanese to us, and she is also quite fluent in Cat, although she speaks with a Siamese accent (apparently her former cats had some kind of Asian blood that made their meows sound like a human baby crying). We understand everything she says, but answer back mostly in Maine Coon (Spot speaks Japanese Moggy). Anyway, your gravity-defying skills beat my crown any day! cheer
[notify]

Eddie

Bonjour.

Purred: Tue Apr 15, '08 5:11pm PST 
I don't believe I have ever met a fake cat on Catster, but if I did I wouldn't know... I guess at some point we have to stop and wonder if maybe the cat we are happily meowing to is perhaps a-- *pauses and shutters* a--a D-O-G! eek But I trust all of you Catsters. big grin I can promise you that I am real! If you want I'll even let you in on a secret of mine... my meowmy does my typing for me. red face I just tell her what to put.
Hooray for a whole bunch of real cats, only at CATSTER! happy dancecheerhappy dance
[notify]

(Page 6 of 811: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]