GO!

Fake Cats? Huh?

(Page 4 of 811: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]  
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 12:11am PST 
Har har har, Boris, now I know why my Meowmy had to look up all those words ("dualism," "solipsist")...And now it's "Locke," "theory of property," "sit well with me"...tee hee hee. My Meowmy (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away), studied Asian culture, which DID lead to a job, but she now regrets her decision (she'd like to morph into a pathologist). No pleasing those humans.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 12:54am PST 
Sorry, forgot to add that Meowmy now wants to study pathology OR epidemiology. As for Locke...long ago, before we entered her life, she dated a guy who studied Locke, and, well, he was just too weird to continue a relationship with. Oops, wait a minute, I think she said it was HUME. Never mind.
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 6:53am PST 
Hume Cronyn? Wasn't he married to Jessica Tandy? We're going to get yelled at for being off-topic. Oh, well, maybe the Cronyn's had lots of cats and hopefully never put the enema tubing in the wrong place? thinking
[notify]

Horus

Wild Hunter -- in my- immagination

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 10:39am PST 
boris --

Mommy is a Mistress or something, of "phislophy of religion". yet she cant tell me anything about Ceiling Cat and how he came to be.

I think mommy spent way too much money, and alcohol in her "previous life" as a "philsophy grad student", especially since it meant we ate scraps, and expired food and she ate "ramen" what ever that is.

Now, she has a nice respectable job as a Paralegal, and she gives us much better toys !

I did like DesCATS, though, and the german Emanuel Kat isn't bad. and the post modernists like Sartre actually kinda think like us cats... but not quite as enlightened !
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 3:51pm PST 
Mom doesn't like most continental philosophy that has come out in the 20th century, so no reading about existentialism or post-modernism around here (sorry, Horus), unless I develop opposable thumbs, so I can bypass mom's assistance and order books online laugh out loud. She made one lone exception for Foucault's "Discipline and Punish", but she found it kind of byzantine. She was more into straightforward analytic philosophy (and that was so long ago that even dad sometimes is perplexed by it: she's not analytic at all these days wink). I just found it plain boring.

As for Ceiling Cat, he is a false god compared to the Great Cat. Ceiling Cat can only spy one ceiling at a time, whereas the Great Cat sees all cats, all the time. That is because he is not corporeal, but an invisible cat of an indefinite size. That's where the toilet paper comes in. Some say that if you shred enough toilet paper at just the right time, the Great Cat will reveal itself to you. That's what supposed to happen.

In effect, all that happens is that I get in trouble, and mom keeps taking mangled upon mangled rolls away from me. frown She tells dad that I am too alone and bored, so I need something called a little brother. I have no idea what that is. Is it kind of like having a sisfur (I had one as a kitten, and she was annoying and bossy)? Because I'm not sure that I want that, unless he becomes a minion of sorts.

Anyway, we've veered off topic enough. My mom has two fake cats.

One is something she calls a neko neko, it's some plastic thing whose head bobbles that sits on one of our bookshelves for right now. Dad got it for mom because she'd always see one in Japanese restaurants and wanted one of her own.

The other is this little stuffed cat with a microchip inside that makes it sound like a real cat when mom squeezes its tummy. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a real kitten and tried to lick it to calm it down, but then I realized it was not alive and I got freaked out and hid from it. red face I thought mom would come console me, but she actually thought it was funny. Then daddy told her it really wasn't, from my POV, so nowadays mom doesn't play with it much. But I figured out it couldn't chase me around, so now I just get annoyed with it when it cries when I bump by it. confused

Edited by author Thu Apr 10, '08 3:57pm PST

[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 4:59pm PST 
Well, if we're going to be yelled at for being off topic, we can always start a new thread--"Feline Filosophy" or some such. It certainly is interesting to learn how much of us on Catster have studied Human thought. Yawn...if only humans would learn that the only things that really mean anything in life are sleeping and eating. Especially sleeping.

Well, back to meditating on today's Zen koan--"What is the sound of one paw clapping."
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '08 10:59am PST 
I totally agree that the enema post had to be a fake. I'm embarrassed I answered it. red face I'm wa-aa-ay too trusting. My grandpa always said that in the spring, the ground opens up and all the germs come out to infect everyone. Catster must not be immune! shrug
[notify]

Cole

Anything- Goes

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '08 11:20am PST 
We have been enjoying this tram of thought very much!

Boris, the paper shredding seems more in keeping with buddhism...however it may also be the definition of doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

If you don't form your own thread, you are all cordially invited to bring it to The Foreign Legion when you choose. You will find cats who will also follow with interest. We thrive on sporadic bursts of Filosophy. Which may be answered as a seeming non sequitur on another page...

be bop

cole
[notify]

Cleo (The- Queen)

I am the Queen- of the house....

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '08 3:40pm PST 
Mommy says don't forget you can flag any post that is "nasty" in any way. She has done this before, and it works. We think some people just get a kick out of upsetting other people with nasty stuff or drama. She wishes she had the time they do because she would do better things than they are with it. She put in 60 plus hours a week at her job, and goes to school, runs the two-legged sister around, and still has time for Mysty and me. We want to know why these posters aren't doing more to be of help to others than spending all this time causing trouble. We have enough of that as it is!thinking
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '08 6:06pm PST 
Cleo, did you mean the enema poster or us? I hope you didn't mean us! shock
[notify]

(Page 4 of 811: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]