GO!

Fake Cats? Huh?

(Page 2 of 811: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 10:11pm PST 
Fake cats...ah, yes. Buddhist doctrine teaches that all reality is illusion, that the phenomenal world is but a figment of our imagination, indeed, that consciousness itself is an illusion, and that ultimately, there is no truth but the provisional truth that there is no truth. In that sense, we are all fake cats. For that matter, our humans are also fake, ditto Catster.

...Do I get a treat for posting that, Meowmy? Huh? Huh?
[notify]

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 11:08pm PST 
Edo, ergo sum.

I eat, therefore I am. kitty

Mysty (The- Princess)

Lay still! I'm- grooming you!

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 4:13am PST 
The fake cats show up when they can get free stuff or there are contests to win. There were other postings about it on the forum pages. Even in the contest you can tell because the pictures can be found on the net under different names. Crazy world huh?
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 6:00am PST 
Yikes. This is getting too existential for me...I think I'll go sit on Meowmie's lap and have her read "Kitten Tales" to me again. She always puts my name in the story. way to go
[notify]

Spike

Tubby tabby- love!

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 6:57am PST 
My Meowmy always reads "Kitten TAILS" to me, that is when we aren't reading the Lotus Sutra, the Diamond Sutra, the Perfect Enlightenment Sutra, or my personal fave, the Heart Sutra. which (as Catwikipedia puts it) helps us gain insight into the "fundamental emptiness of all phenomena."

...Speaking of "emptiness," have you looked into our kibble bowl recently, Meowmy?
[notify]

♥ Liliya Zimah Taiga

Lily Flower

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 8:14am PST 
Fake cats? I don't get it. Is someone suggesting that humans are creating catster pages with cats that don't really exist? If not, can someone explain what "fake cats" are?
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 8:44am PST 
We really aren't sure. Someone posted on the answers board a while ago asking why "we" all thought they weren't real. That pretty much got a big "huh?" thinking from us all because to the best of our knowledge, we've never called anyone "fake". I do admit that there was a photo of an orange and white kitty who asked a question a while ago that I wondered about. The photo of the kitty looked like it was off a greeting card. But anyway, this person has not posted again, so we're just left wondering. The most recent "you gotta be kidding" answer is the one about the "GF" and the enema and the tube that went into the wrong...umm...place. We all thought the guest poster meant she was trying to give the kitty the enema, but as one answerer put it, the poster never said it was A CAT, just said their "GF". Gosh, it's spring and all the "unusual" people seem to be coming up along with the crocuses and tulips...shrug
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 9:17am PST 
Thanks for starting off our day with a laugh - Boris, you are TOO funny. And when you move, PLEASE be sure to post and let us know how you can have a "cat free" bathroom? There is no such thing in our house!! MOL, MOL.........

Always good to see you Ernie......hope you are enjoying spring. We have to agree, though, it does seem to bring out the "strange" people or else people with WAY too much free time.

A couple of weeks ago there was a cat on a Forum who asked why people thought he was "fake" - you had posted in the Forum Ernie. Well, for one thing, when you clicked on the photo of any other cat who had posted, you were taken to their page. When you clicked on the photo of this cat, you were never directed to a page.

Anyway, ya'll take care, keep your humans in line and don't let those cat food dishes stay empty for very long. MOL, MOL...wave

Benny Grunch, Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong & Pete Fountain

Edited by author Tue Apr 8, '08 9:21am PST

[notify]

Chibi

Proud mother of- the Gang of- Four!

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 9:53am PST 
Hmph, maybe it's just my computer, but the "enema" question seems to have disappeared. Aw...cry
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 10:01am PST 
And the original "Fake Cat" question seems to have disappeared as well. This only serves to further demonstrate the essential insubstantiality and transience of all earthly phenomena.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 811: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]